Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,238   Online: 790

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2832333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats generous. Signing up to give away stuff!

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    but anyone can pick it up.
    Where from?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Thats generous. Signing up to give away stuff!

Sent from Tap-a-talk
    I've stopped using film and have dismantled the darkroom, but still have a strong kinship with APUs. I shot 35, 6x6-7-9, 4x5, all B&W. Everything from a full Kiev system to an Arca Swiss monorail, toy cameras to handheld RZ67 (I know!).

I'm located in Bloomington, Indiana. It looks like I have six jars, and they are actually Kodalk Balanced Alkalai, and they each weigh 1lb 11oz for shipping guesstimate if they are OK to ship. I can't imagine that they would be restricted? You never know about some stuff.

I also have some books, i'll have to do some inventory to see just what.
    Last edited by komodo; 03-30-2014 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    I have joined this group just to give this away!
    Kodak Balanced Alkali, about 6 or so jars of it. Used in two bath developing or PMK formulations. It's oldish but never opened. I will get exact jar count, sizes etc tomorrow morning and edit this post. Not sure if it can be shipped, maybe you could check regs on shipping chemicals if there are any, but anyone can pick it up.
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG and good luck with your sales.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Premier 5x7 safelight with filter. No bulb, but I've tested with a bulb and it does work. Filter is not marked; it's amber so I assume OC. I have not tested the effectiveness of the filter. Ship weight is 31oz and ships from 55401.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails safelight.jpg  
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Cameras with problems

Free to good homes: cameras with problems! I'm asking $7 a pop for shipping.

Some of these may be totally worthless (I'm thinking the petri 7s, maybe the ricoh), I really don't know, but if you repair cameras they might make good projects. I'm sure we've all gotten ebay/thrift store duds, I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

Ricoh 500G - Meter responds to light, the problems are: shutter seems to fire at only one speed, sometimes the shutter fires immediately after the film advance lever returns to resting position, light seals.

Gone Yashica Lynx-5000 - Film door hard to keep closed. The part the door latches to is a bit broken at the edges so it sometimes pops out. If you can get it shut it stays shut. Shutter, meter, everything else is fine.

Petri 7s - Film advance lever won't advance, so I can't even check shutter. This one may be a parts camera. Meter responds to light.

Yashica electro 35 GT - I think there's an electrical problem and a shutter problem. Shutter doesn't open, just kind of quivers. It sounds like the shutter fires at only one speed no matter what it's set to.

GONE Yashica-Mat LM - Shutter problem. When I fire the shutter it doesn't open, just quivers. Aperture and shutter dials hard to turn. I emailed a repair guy who said a CLA might fix all the problems, but it was in the 100s of dollars and I'm not certain it will fix everything. Light meter inoperative. Someone engraved a number on the viewing hood, then crossed it out. Lens looks pretty good. I really got burned on this one, seller assured me it was top notch.

I've described all these cameras accurately. They're give aways because I know I can't fix them but think someone probably can. Apart from shipping ($7) if you don't mind, please email me a picture taken with the camera you fix. If it's a total dud I'll refund your shipping. Thanks!
    Last edited by JohnLikesPhotos; 04-09-2014 at 05:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John you should try a little bit of naphtha or lighter fluid onto the shutters of Ricoh and the yashicas. You should be able to get to them with a spanner or even a simple rubber friction pad. And after that work the shutters a bit. A little bit of graphite/moly powder should help keep them jam free as the naphtha evaporates.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought about fixing them for a while, but I put it off too long. This is a girlfriend imposed camera exile. Cameras that I don't use and am not fixing aren't safe here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLikesPhotos View Post
    This is a girlfriend imposed camera exile.
    I would be considering a camera imposed girlfriend exile!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin