Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 991

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293334353637383940414243444549 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLikesPhotos View Post
    I thought about fixing them for a while, but I put it off too long. This is a girlfriend imposed camera exile. Cameras that I don't use and am not fixing aren't safe here.
    Exile the girl friend and get a newer model.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought about fixing them for a while, but I put it off too long. This is a girlfriend imposed camera exile. Cameras that I don't use and am not fixing aren't safe here.
    Good thing "cameras she does not know about" is exempt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc View Post
    Good thing "cameras she does not know about" is exempt.
    My trick is to just get so damn many of them, leave them all in a jumbled mess of a room all over the place, then if one gets added she just doesn't know...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    My trick is to just get so damn many of them, leave them all in a jumbled mess of a room all over the place, then if one gets added she just doesn't know...
    That strategy has served me well.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled into her closet of shoes!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Imagine my surprise when I stumbled into her closet of shoes!
    ... taking up valuable camera storage space.

Who needs more than two shoes?!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega Foot Switch

Old Omega foot switch in fair condition. Label says "part 7901"; not sure what it is from. Has household style plug. Cord has been repaired or spliced. I've tested with an ohm meter; appears to be working. It's heavy for it's size; shipping weight is just under 3 lbs. If you want it, send me your zip (or country) and I'll calculate shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omega 7901 b.jpg  
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Unopened 126 film cartridge

I can post a picture if someone wants, but I have a "Famous Brand Triple print Color Film" 126 film package, still sealed.
    Maybe the backing paper and cart is useful for someone who wants to get an Instamatic or 828 cam to function, IDK.

The box is kind of entertaining, on the side it says "3 easy steps to JET AGE service"
    The steps are;
    1. take photo
    2. place film and $4.45 in mailer envelope (with your name and address)
    3. place in mailbox

What could be easier?

The expiration date on the package is Oct 70, so it's probably only useful for the backing paper and cartridge. Especially since that is a pre C41 process timeframe. It is complete, with the mailer, so who knows, maybe "Famous Brand" is still around to process it, or maybe not...

Anyway, it's free for the postage cost, PM if interested.
    If you think you want it, please let me know asap. The package is interesting, but not interesting enough to hold onto for very long.
    Last edited by bdial; 04-13-2014 at 09:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    I can post a picture if someone wants, but I have a "Famous Brand Triple print Color Film" 126 film package, still sealed.
    Maybe the backing paper and cart is useful for someone who wants to get an Instamatic or 828 cam to function, IDK.

The box is kind of entertaining, on the side it says "3 easy steps to JET AGE service"
    The steps are;
    1. take photo
    2. place film and $4.45 in mailer envelope (with your name and address)
    3. place in mailbox

What could be easier?

The expiration date on the package is Oct 70, so it's probably only useful for the backing paper and cartridge. Especially since that is a pre C41 process timeframe. It is complete, with the mailer, so who knows, maybe "Famous Brand" is still around to process it, or maybe not...

Anyway, it's free for the postage cost, PM if interested.
    If you think you want it, please let me know asap. The package is interesting, but not interesting enough to hold onto for very long.
    I have a few of these myself that I've been meaning to get rid of, just understand that the triple print film is a variation of C-22 process film and not C-41...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Free to good homes: cameras with problems! I'm asking $7 a pop for shipping.

Some of these may be totally worthless (I'm thinking the petri 7s, maybe the ricoh), I really don't know, but if you repair cameras they might make good projects. I'm sure we've all gotten ebay/thrift store duds, I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

Ricoh 500G - Meter responds to light, the problems are: shutter seems to fire at only one speed, sometimes the shutter fires immediately after the film advance lever returns to resting position, light seals.

Gone Yashica Lynx-5000 - Film door hard to keep closed. The part the door latches to is a bit broken at the edges so it sometimes pops out. If you can get it shut it stays shut. Shutter, meter, everything else is fine.

Petri 7s - Film advance lever won't advance, so I can't even check shutter. This one may be a parts camera. Meter responds to light.

Yashica electro 35 GT - I think there's an electrical problem and a shutter problem. Shutter doesn't open, just kind of quivers. It sounds like the shutter fires at only one speed no matter what it's set to.

GONE Yashica-Mat LM - Shutter problem. When I fire the shutter it doesn't open, just quivers. Aperture and shutter dials hard to turn. I emailed a repair guy who said a CLA might fix all the problems, but it was in the 100s of dollars and I'm not certain it will fix everything. Light meter inoperative. Someone engraved a number on the viewing hood, then crossed it out. Lens looks pretty good. I really got burned on this one, seller assured me it was top notch.

I've described all these cameras accurately. They're give aways because I know I can't fix them but think someone probably can. Apart from shipping ($7) if you don't mind, please email me a picture taken with the camera you fix. If it's a total dud I'll refund your shipping. Thanks!
    All Gone!
    I can't edit my first post for some reason, but they're all gone! thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Take it!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397551414.567846.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	86277

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397551423.350521.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	86278

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397551433.017743.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	86279

I can't seem to find where the battery is, but when I click the shutter it still runs...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin