Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,218   Posts: 1,659,522   Online: 783

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 333738394041424344454647484953 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, then, old boy, they're pokemon (short for poke 'em) monster lenses. Or, if you prefer, bokemon lenses. In many languages "b" and "p" are nearly indistinguishable.

Re the monster bit, you must have seen eBay listings for lenses described as bokeh monsters. I'm not sure what a bokeh monster does, it sounds like something that would stomp the major urban area of your choice flat, with swirls at the edges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Well, then, old boy, they're pokemon (short for poke 'em) monster lenses. Or, if you prefer, bokemon lenses. In many languages "b" and "p" are nearly indistinguishable.

Re the monster bit, you must have seen eBay listings for lenses described as bokeh monsters. I'm not sure what a bokeh monster does, it sounds like something that would stomp the major urban area of your choice flat, with swirls at the edges.
    I'm pretty sure it excretes large quantities of the stuff I manure my garden with...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Put either of these on your 39mm screwmount body and you'll get the purest bokeh available - no details, no picture, just pure unadulterated horseshi.. I mean bokeh.
    Or you could use them as intended, on an enlarger.

Just out of interest - If you put a 39mm thread enlarger lens onto a camera body, what is the focus set to? Infinity would be logical but I suspect there is no standard.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Just out of interest - If you put a 39mm thread enlarger lens onto a camera body, what is the focus set to? Infinity would be logical but I suspect there is no standard.

Steve.
    I've tried that one day when I was bored, depends what the focal length is. I put a 135mm on my slr, it was too close and focussed past infinity. With various combinations of adapters and extension tubes, I managed to either get about 30m or 3m focus.

Meanwhile, if you're going to sell (or even give away) something as a 'Bokeh Monster', you have to advertise how many aperture blades it has. No less than 17 are required to reach the full 'Bokeh Monster' specification, anything less is just a ripoff. Bokeh has nothing to do with lens design or elements or anything, it's all about the blades, man. All those 'classic bokeh' lenses like 50'crons are just pretending hacks. You need more blades...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    Steve, LTM cameras' register is 28.80 mm. Either of the lenses E. offered will focus well through infinity on an LTM camera. That's why he promises no image at all, just a blob of light.

This is the case for all but very short enlarging lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And conversely, I once tried putting my 21mm Skopar on my enlarger to make an extreeem enlargement, but it couldn't get the lens close enough to the film to form an image of any decent size (although I seem to remember just getting 1:1 out of it, not very useful) so went back to my regular 50mm and just raised the head more.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They could be used with a macro bellows setup too...

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Several weeks ago , someone brought in a lot of darkroom equipment that had been stored for years, in the many boxes are the following books, etc .

Kodak Professional Black and White films, Black and WHite photographaic papers by Kodak, Cibachrome Color Printing Manual , a guide to simplified color print The Beseler Color Printing School and a copy of Minor White's Zone System Manual second edition.

They are free to the same person, don't want to split them up. shipping of course is up to the new owner as these belong to a non-profit school (so to speak)

Minor's book is softcover and is not in mint condition, but then who is at 46 years old

I will be positing for some things for sale, that we really don't need at a later date.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM: Sent To Ann

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler 45MXT and Universal 45 head

Free to a good (or bad) home.

My father appeared on my doorstep with this enlarger he picked up free as a garage sale leftover. I recieved it free, so I'm offering it free to anyone that might want it for parts or use. I already have two 23c's that I use for my 616/620/120 work so this is just going to gather dust. The dust has gathered already for a couple of years it appears.

The 45MXT includes base, uprights, bellows and filter holder and the up and down motor works very well. No lensboard or filters. The whole unit needs a good dust cleaning.
    s/n en82139

The Universal 45 head is untestable by me, as it appears that the control box has been lost. The glass works are chip free. Opening the hood, the insides appear intact to me as does the dongle cord. Sorry I am not familiar with this setup as I'm a 23c user.
    s/n 1007

This is PICK UP ONLY from CHATHAM, ONTARIO, as-is where is. I am not able to ship or transport, Sorry.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin