Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,495   Online: 1078

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi ursula,

No matter what you do, you will have success. A local family did a similar project for kids in Haiti giving them regular film cameras to work with and black and white film, teaching them darkroom work as well.

Know that doesn't match your plan as you described. But the thought occurred to me. You might give the kids real cameras (that could be donated to you) that they can load with film (could be expired). The kids might get to keep the cameras if they want. Then they might have a chance to continue if it sparks a passion.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks Bill burk. going to have a look into a few local camera shops around town, see if they are willing to donate. our town is pretty small so we only have 3 camera shops. but great idea anyway. thanks a mill!! keeping all of these great ideas written down! great help!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Teach them to use the viewfinder and not hold the camera out at arm's length like a digital.

I find it amusing that a whole generation of people now take photos like that.

Prints are mich more interesting to share and critique than computer images. Plus you can tape them up.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin