Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,304   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If his fine motor skills are OK, Nikon AF bodies like the N8008s/801s or N90s/F90x are easy to load--and very affordable now. It's a matter of pulling out a couple inches of leader once the film can is in place, then closing the cover and hitting the shutter release to wind on.There's also an LCD icon showing successful loading.

Problem with film p&s models that loaded film the way you described is that most are dead now. They were starting to get scarce 10 years ago.
    Last edited by CGW; 05-06-2012 at 05:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGallop View Post
    I have a Canon rebel K2 that loads similarly except it prewinds. You just load it like the video above except there is no rewind knob and you just put the film in and close the door... it prewinds the film electronically and is probably the easiest SLR I've ever used. I think they can be had for pretty cheap used on ebay, and I'm thinking that most of the rebel cameras have a similar loading system. (I'm not sure of this, though... most of my experience is with the AE1)

Ed
    The Canon Rebel 2000 works like this as well - and can be had for very little cost.

Now if 126 was still available ....
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    If his fine motor skills are OK, Nikon AF bodies like the N8008s/801s or N90s/F90x are easy to load--and very affordable now. It's a matter of pulling out a couple inches of leader once the film can is in place, then closing the cover and hitting the shutter release to wind on.There's also an LCD icon showing successful loading.
    Yes, very easy and reliable loading. And the cameras are very capable. The AF on my F801s is way behind the times, but it still does a good job of finding proper focus. I find it fairly easy to manually focus with, too.
    And as said, inexpensive.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin