Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,212   Online: 845

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Except photographers' vests!
    Ah yes, that latest word in nerdiness in any language or culture.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Ah yes, that latest word in nerdiness in any language or culture.
    Back in the Eighties(remember those) I was given a vest by Agfa(remember them) which was a smart silver grey with Agfa Professional emblazoned on the back. My family said that "you are not going out with that on!" and I never did!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Back in the Eighties(remember those) I was given a vest by Agfa(remember them) which was a smart silver grey with Agfa Professional emblazoned on the back. My family said that "you are not going out with that on!" and I never did!
    Your family protects you well.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why's that? Someone going to shoot you for wearing an ugly vest?

I don't use/wear one but if I thought it would help my photography or make things easier I would, in a heart beat. I don't give a rat's arse if some people think it looks dorky. In fact, in some cases and places, I'd wear something simply because certain people thought that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny thing is, in the right place, they don't look dorky. On a PJ covering an anti-government riot in Lower Slobbovia or wherever it looks cool. IMO, anyway.

I've never had one, but in the field I think it would b a good idea. Takes some weight out of the bag and gives quick access. I saw one which was a mesh with pockets on it that I thought looked better. And somebody makes one that's like a field jacket with sleeves, (Domke?), so at least with the sleeves on it's un-dorkified.

Considering that these days people do all kinds of things to their bodies, with everyone trying to be The Illustrated Man, and with stuff hanging off their eyebrows and out their noses, and those saucers in their ears, a little anti-cool might just be the best statement to make.
    Last edited by lxdude; 06-10-2012 at 01:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    My Nikon F really sucks, too. After almost 20 years I still can't find where to put the batteries, nothing in the manual either.
    It's in the manual I think! You have to buy a Photomic viewfinder before you can put batteries in. But now it's too late as you can't buy them batteries any more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But you can get the Wein Zinc/Air batteries, that work quite well. Trick is to save the sticker and seal them back up between uses, if you are going to let them sit.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Photographers' vests are useful stuff. It's the silver finishing with the AGFA PROFESSIONAL writing on it that is embarrassing. Unless, as said, you are taking pictures of a riot in Palestine and want to facilitate the aim of the Israeli sniper
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    In fact, in some cases and places, I'd wear something simply because certain people thought that.
    I like the way you think... Which probably explains my collection of tweed and velvet jackets!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin