Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,932   Online: 925

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    The Speed Graphic was a wonderful camera for its day and purpose (mostly news photography). And you could smash the heck out of any perp who tried to "smash your camera." It could be used as a closeup copy camera, had a huge negative which you could blow up from here to the moon if you got it in focus and your exposure was okay. There was a time when people KNEW you were a news photog if you carried one. Of course it was big, akward and slow but some people took 'em to the battlefield.
    For example, Joe Rosenthal, who took the picture of the flag-raising on Iwo Jima.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Worst camea

Dont konw if this is mentioned but my Nikon FE wont click the shutter unless
    the wind lever is partway out. So it sticks u in the eye when u look thru viewfinder.
    Did they not use this camera first???

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
    the wind lever is partway out. So it sticks u in the eye when u look thru viewfinder.
    If you attach a motor drive, you don't have to extend the lever. But if you DO extend the lever and trip the shutter using the motor drive, the stupid thing will jam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apparently all Nikon designers are pirates with just one working eye - the right one .

I understand what you mean, as I too use my left eye for viewing.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This must be one of the most butt ugly but interesting cameras ever made , and I used to have to sell them to the public to make a living about twenty years ago, http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Konica_AiBORG, Darth Vader lives
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think Ben has found the winner!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon's last proper camera was the F2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I think Ben has found the winner!

Steve.
    If any of my former customers are reading this, I apologise for selling one of these to you, but at the time I had a mortgage and two teenage sons at university, one in the U.K and one in America and I needed the money
    Ben

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I am still on the look-out for a Yashica Samurai (cheap) - however my friends would most likely push me into oncoming traffic if I showed up with one around my neck.
    I think I have one around here somewhere if anyone is interested. RH version, though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The Konica AiBORG was mentioned on the first page of this thread and it must be an outright winner. I wonder what Oskar Barnack would have thought about this design?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin