Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 879

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the cameras that seem to have been designed for right-handed people - to the exclusion of the rest of us.

Ever tried to hold and use either a modern AF film SLR or digital SLR with one hand only - the left hand?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, those russian junk cameras. How could we live without them? I still can smell that rotten leather bag in which a clunky Kiev88 was resting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By far... the Miranda, with the shutter on the front, the shutter speed dial on the front, the 'grainy' focussing screen, and the "clunkiest" shutter sound on any 35mm camera I ever handled... and I still have two of the ugly suckers.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    35mm
    the brand and model escapes me now... the shutter leaked like cheese cloth and leaving the thing on a café table for a sunny minute would result in nasty pinholes (that is, if you managed to put it on the café table without knocking the flimsy rangefinder out of alignment), a couple of whitish rectangles were permanently stuck in the middle of the viewfinder, the focus ring would turn the wrong way, shooting close or far was out of the question, changing film required three hands and, as my friend once remarked, the revolution was over before you finally did reload, there was no way to even grasp the thing firmly... i ran, not walked, to upgrade to my first zenit, a marvel of design compared to that, whatever it was called, didn't bother to write the name down, eh...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't stand the Pentax 645. Operates like a microwave oven out of the 80's and sounds like tearing velcro with every shutter release.
    Last edited by F/1.4; 05-12-2012 at 12:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let the brickbats fly: I have never warmed to the Nikon F4s. I picked up one on ebay several years ago (on a whim) and have wondered why ever since. Yes it was Nikon's first foray into building a camera with an integral motor drive, and yes the camera - for those of us who shoot transparency films - had a great metering system...but the ergonomics just did not feel quite right. And, compared to the later F5 and F6, the F4s (and I am sure the F4e) feels...well...a little ad libbed, shall we say.

The camera has seen so little use by yours truly that I even went so far as to give it away to my sister ( a certifiable "F3-a-phile"), who, after a few short weeks (time enough for a few rolls of her favorite film (Fuji Astia) to be run through the camera) returned the camera, basically saying "no thanks" to the gift, and comparing the F4s' ergonomics to those of a brick.

I have the camera - temporarily - back in my arsenal (loaded with E100G) and I am prepared (keeping an open mind here) to give it another go. This weekend I am going to shoot some architectural details while visiting my sister in Calgary. We will see how I feel about this camera by Monday. Given past experience...
    Last edited by BradleyK; 05-12-2012 at 01:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't like the F4 either, great meter, tough as nails, but an ergonomical disaster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    I can't stand the Pentax 645. Operates like a microwave oven out of the 80's and sounds like tearing velcro with every shutter release.
    Never liked it much either. I checked it out at a dealer when it first came out, and was underwhelmed. The controls and the dim viewfinder with the notch out of it just turned me off. The 645n is much better all around, IMO.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Going purely on aesthetics here are some pretty horrible designs...

Konica AiBORG
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6315286617_5a56a163e3_z.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	50899

Canon T80

Name:	CanonT80AClens.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	50900

Pentax 645

Name:	D3S_4698-645.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	50901

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All digital cameras have terrible design, never succeeded to load a film in any of them, couldn't find any help to the f...... manual either.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin