Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 637

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Any camera which only has automatic exposure without manual compensation has a flawed design: the engineer designed it right, and the marketing department made it "easy to use" and "not intimidating for the inexperienced".
    (And I own and use one of those cameras, the Yashica T3, only because I never found a camera with the same qualities and some form of exposure compensation. Should try the Olympus XA I suppose).

Any camera where the designer gave up on placing the viewfinder on the edge of the camera (like in a rangefinder) shows lack of effort.
    Where am I supposed to put my nose while looking inside my SLR viewfinder? Do I really have to spread my nose on the back of the camera and rotate my eye to look inside a viewfinder?

I know it's complicated, but do invent something!

Two hypothesis:

Cartridge and Receiving roll on the same side of the camera, to the right. Mirror box entirely on the left. Film makes a "turn" and comes back! Camera a bit thick but not so large.

Mirror box on the center, Porro prism to move the viewfinder to the side.

I said.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha that Konica aiborg is just off the wall.

I never liked the om10, though the proportions we're nice, and was comfortable in hand, the manual adapter was odd and the wind on not so smooth. I think it's comparable to the Nikon EM, but that was even simpler, and I really liked its handling. The only Olympus double digit body that was acceptable in my opinion was the om40 which had it down well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    I can't stand the Pentax 645. Operates like a microwave oven out of the 80's and sounds like tearing velcro with every shutter release.
    ...and a grip positioned at the back edge of the body, so that the entire weight of camera and lens are forward of the grip, with no portion of the body serving as a counterbalance positioned behind the grip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As for the absolute worst, I don't know. Surely anything with a two square inch LED screen instead of a viewfinder is a strong contender.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by antmar View Post
    All digital cameras have terrible design, never succeeded to load a film in any of them, couldn't find any help to the f...... manual either.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Nikon F really sucks, too. After almost 20 years I still can't find where to put the batteries, nothing in the manual either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dropped my Zenit E off a moving bus on to the road and it worked just fine for the next 7-8 years. It might not be as smooth as cameras costing ten times as much but then, it didn't cost ten times as much.

Worst camera I have actually owned - Agfa Karat 6.3. Apart from the non-standard cassettes, the wind-on mechanism grinds like the camera is full of sand, the viewfinder is far too small and the whole thing is an uncomfortable shape to hold.

Gim

My nomination for Worst Camera Design would be the Kodak Retinette IA with the film winder on the bottom of the camera. I was given one and don't understand this design at all. Looks like when the draftsman drew up the plans he screwed up and nobody caught it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gim View Post
    My nomination for Worst Camera Design would be the Kodak Retinette IA with the film winder on the bottom of the camera. I was given one and don't understand this design at all. Looks like when the draftsman drew up the plans he screwed up and nobody caught it.

Many of the Retinas have the winders on the bottom. Try using your left hand to wind.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    My Nikon F really sucks, too. After almost 20 years I still can't find where to put the batteries, nothing in the manual either.
    Not only that, the AE never works in those things, so why'd they sell them with those lenses marked AUTO?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin