Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,417   Online: 768

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Can we add American (US companies).

Ian
    Yes, like Graflex, Speed Graphic, Crown Graphic, View Graphic. All such terrible cameras!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think the Exakta is an interesting design. Looks good on a shelf, but perhaps not so nice to use.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I think the Exakta is an interesting design. Looks good on a shelf, but perhaps not so nice to use.
    I had a VXIIa. Once you get used to it, it isn't awkward. There's a definite learning curve, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    It helps if one is left handed.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had a Canon T70 that was abysmal. My god did I hate that thing and I could never focus the lenses either!

The Super Ikonta copy, Moskva-5 and the whole Moskva series suffer from left-handed operation as well as having a protruding tripod socket, so that if you did use it on a tripod, it would only be suspended by the screw and float about. Super secure!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I got to have a look at one, if I can find one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Lointain View Post
    One camera I have always wanted but have never bought because of the design was the Fuji GS645 folder. I just know I would break the shutter linkage in the first ten minutes and don't forget the bellows. I didn't know bellows could be made out of tissue paper, but hey, the Fuji engineer that designed the shutter linkage didn't feel like stopping there. It was probably his last day on the job and was ticked off at upper management...
    I had that camera ... for about 1 week. The one with the crash-bar around the lens, yes?
    The icing on the cake was having to use a match stick to activate bulb mode The shutter sounded cheap as well, but it took pretty good photos.

Ergonomically I never "got" the Argus C series or Yashica Electro cameras. I'm aware they also take nice photos, but were unpleasant to use.

I am still on the look-out for a Yashica Samurai (cheap) - however my friends would most likely push me into oncoming traffic if I showed up with one around my neck.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps I should have explained that while I am right-handed, I am left-eyed, so when using any "normal" 35mm, I have trouble with the film advance and associated paw fouling my face, with the Exakta's left hand advance and my left eye on the viewfinder it's actually an advantage for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I am still on the look-out for a Yashica Samurai (cheap) - however my friends would most likely push me into oncoming traffic if I showed up with one around my neck.
    Why?

If I had friends who were critical of my choice of camera based on aesthetics, I'd get new friends.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, like Graflex, Speed Graphic, Crown Graphic, View Graphic. All such terrible cameras!
    I was thinking more of the Argus bricks

We had some real dogs here in the UK as well the Purma for instance I have one with it's innovative Focal plane shutter !!!!

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin