Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,680   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format

Weekend finds 110 and 620 film cameras

I picked up some old, possibly obsolete cameras ay my wife's parents house this weekend.

The first is a Pentax Auto 110. Its a tiny little fully auto SLR (except for focusing) that takes 110 film. This looks like a fun little camera. Do they still make it? If so, can I get it for a decent price? I'm assuming there is no such thing as B&W 110 film I could develop myself?

The other is a Kodak Duaflex II. It takes 620 film, which I know is no longer produced. From what I've read, I can respool 120 onto a 620 reel. The camera itself isn't in terrible shape. A lot of dust and possibly some crud behind the lens. I don't have high hopes for this one, but it might be a simple fun way for me to start out with Medium format.

Thoughts on these cameras, film and application?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lomography have introduced their own brand 110 film:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/lo...100-film-19218

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Lomography have introduced their own brand 110 film:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/lo...100-film-19218
    Thanks For The Update !
    My Minolta 110 SLR Will Love That !!!

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm
    The Pentax auto 110 is a neat little thing, easily at the top of 110 camera tech and image quality and when working properly, exposures seem pretty accurate. I picked up one in the original box with the motor drive, flash and three lenses a few months ago. The 24mm "standard" lens is unbelievably tiny. As an added bonus, it's the only camera I've ever had with me that an attractive girl has asked about. I suspect prices for them will tip upward with Lomography's release of new 110 films. Hopefully they come through with some color print and chrome, and can get the prices down into the $5/roll range once demand evens out a bit.

Here's a shot with it I liked a lot...

Highland Theatre by eurekaiv, on Flickr
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Shooter
    35mm
    I LOVE my Kodak Duaflex II. Not the greatest image quality, but lots of fun. I first started loading it with 35mm to expose through the sprocket holes. You can respool 120 onto a 620 reel. I believe BH sells film spooled onto 620 reels for a higher price. My main fun with the Duaflex is multiple exposures.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can it be retrofitted to take 35mm (the duaflex that is)?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    Can it be retrofitted to take 35mm (the duaflex that is)?
    Totally. Really all you need to do is use some gaffer's tape to cover up the red window. It's a very tight squeeze, but the 35mm cartridge should fit in the bottom reservoir. I really have to force the door closed, but once it latches all my light seals seem pretty tight. I'll tape the film to the take up spool on top so I can wind the film through. I think it's about 2 1/2 revolutions with the wheel to clear the previous exposure. When I'm done I just go into a darkroom and pop the sucker open, rewind back into the cartridge.

Here's a few examples that came out, crappy old scans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	51209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	51210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	self 08 double exp.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	51211

The color ones were scanned at 35mm frames, so it doesn't show off the "panoramic" effect you can get.

EDIT: Oh, and the black and white has the big white circle. That's when I tried my first roll in it and did not tape up the red window. I was just holding my thumb up to it to cover it as I shot through the roll.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin