Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,259   Online: 1003

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    "It's the single-thickness Goretex coat (with vents) one wears when it rains. "

...not sure those are legal south of Bakersfield...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Since I live in Hawaii, I think I will just keep silent.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well some of us are just displaced Kailuans Cameras are doing fine but I made a wrong step and got a shoe filled with snow and ice this morning... ah, like my childhood, heh.

Once you get your hand wedged-in, I must say that an EOS is *much* easier to control while wearing thick gloves than is a TLR with little fidgety knobs. Currently -6C here in Stockholm

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The first time I did a model shoot it was a location jobby on a college course, a raw and gloomy day in October in the north of England. Imagine, if you will, thirty student-photographers (with not a clue about what they were doing!) politely fighting for the flash cord...

The lecturer proposed that we shoot outside for as long as the models were willing and then moved inside for the rest of the day. In freezing weather the models (one in a crop top) stood, posed and smiled while the photographers (in heavy jeans, shirts, jumpers and jackets) had to use tripods to stop their shivering inducing camera shake!

My elderly Pentax S1a seized-up after ten minutes and after fifteen the rest of the students had wimped out and joined me in the relative warmth of the hallway... ...leaving the models still posing for the lecturer outside!

Now I have a Nikon F80 which works flawlessly in the worst the UK weather can throw at it... ...and no excuses!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love taking pictures in the cold too ... 1. when the light is good at this time of year ... it's really good.; and, 2. It makes me feel much more alert, and able to think more clearly about what I'm doing. - still carry my bag though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My studio is well-tempered

I do not like shooting in the cold...just shooting the old!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Well some of us are just displaced Kailuans
    I live in Hawaii, because I grew up in Colorado. I got tired of the long winters.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I should have kept my big trap shut--it's sleeting here in Texas so it'll just be a holga day.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    I love taking pictures in the cold too ... 1. when the light is good at this time of year ... it's really good.; and, 2. It makes me feel much more alert, and able to think more clearly about what I'm doing. - still carry my bag though.

That's the difference between England and Norway - you have light this time of year, we don't. At most a sort of bleak soggy paleness.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes - that would be a bit of a bummer, I'd still love to visit though ... I've been as far north as the northern tip of Sanday in Orkney which I think is about level with Haugesund, but that was in summer - and it barely got dark then, which was very nice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin