Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,219   Online: 764

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had a thought about this over the weekend.

Coal-tar soap is an old-fashioned (and somewhat smelly...) soap that people use for a variety of reasons. One side effect of using this soap is that it increases your skin's sensitivity to the sun.

SO... here we have an accelerator for "skin prints"!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok I am going to come out right and say it .. Mr you need to get a life if that is what you think about over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Had a thought about this over the weekend.

Coal-tar soap is an old-fashioned (and somewhat smelly...) soap that people use for a variety of reasons. One side effect of using this soap is that it increases your skin's sensitivity to the sun.

SO... here we have an accelerator for "skin prints"!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I woke up Saturday morning, wrote that down and then went back to bed in hopes of having another one of my "1-million-Yen" ideas.

Unfortunately no more came forth, and so I just stared at my ceiling for the remainder of the weekend... God I'm lonely...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Despite Bob's criticism, I had another thought about this...

If the negative material was highly flexible and sticky, you could adhere it really well to your skin and get good contact so that one could actually come away with a decent image by the end of the day. Maybe it could be a thin collodion "stripping film", that after processing could be stripped off its base, wetted and plastered onto your skin. The same idea could potentially work with gelatin. You could "fix" your image by applying a liberal amount of high SPF sunscreen.

Thinking about matching H&D curves to your skin's burning "curve" is rather amusing...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    or you would increase the chance to be cancer with contacting your skin with plastic and than overheat the contact zone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yikes!

"Develop for 25 years"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Hmmm... I don't know that I'd want to have to explain a melanomatype to my dermatologist - "but doc - don't take it off - that tumor is SUPPOSED to look like my face!"
    "melanomatype"

Shooter
    35mm
    why a digital negative? if a digital files perhaps a tatoo machine that tatoo your back from an image file.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    why a digital negative? if a digital files perhaps a tatoo machine that tatoo your back from an image file.
    A modified plotter, with tattoo head(s) instead of pens would work......reminds me of that story by Kafka.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin