Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,554   Online: 900

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NEW SERIES: "PHOTO FINISH", Starts Thursday 14th June, 2012, ABC1 (Australia)

Commencing Thursday 14th June, a contemporary look at the creative, documentary, artistic, technical, practical and aesthetic craft of photography, from digital, large format, oddball, offbeat, antique, home made, 35mm, medium format, location, studio... the lot! The trailer showed a few photographers 'out there' in the wild photographing nature, additional to modelling, documentary, collecting and looking at film and digital. We'll probably see a balanced side of the craft, it not something evidently skewed to "new technology".
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just saw the ad for that! Can someone record it PLEASE!!! I'll be OS for six weeks from Sunday :-(

Marc!!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depends, Marc, do you guys have a VHS player there? If so, I'd be happy to record it for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tivo is set

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Molli!! VHS? Crikey!! (but yes, as an aficionado of older analogue stuff, I do, and thanks so much)...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, and then Hoffy jumps in with talk of Tivo and I'm left sitting here looking at my 1987 TV with it's $40 set top box attached

Any idea how long the series runs for?

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting that Poisson du Jour's description varies so much from the official description:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/photofinish/

Hosted by passionate photographer Andrew Günsberg (Australian Idol), Photo Finish is a unique series where, each week, three amateur photographers compete head-to-head in themed photographic challenges.

Equipped with the same camera, the time-based assignments are designed to test the photographers’ creativity and skills. A marriage celebrant, a prison officer, an actor and stay-at-home mum are amongst the 24 amateur photographers who take on a range of assignments.

To help decide the weekly winner, Andrew is joined by Anne Loxley, a curator at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art and an expert judge from each genre.
    Might be interesting if it turns out to be something more than just another dreadful competition reality show. Of course, I'll never see it...there's something like 8000 miles of water between me and the transmitters.

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    While I don't necessarily agree with the current way they do talent shows, why shouldn't amateur photographers have their moment in the sun as well?

But, if they have spinning chairs, I'm turning off....

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suppose that we can always hope for a DVD release!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SO, who watched it?

What did you think?

From what I have read on other forums, I think I may be in the minority - I quite enjoyed it - I think there was a bit of empathy there from me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin