Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,178   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Cameras of the future

I wonder when the first digital cameras will appear that have a dial on the top which say Ansel/Atget/Kertesz/HCB? Have I missed a market niche here?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Isn't that what hipstagram is? <\snark>

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Cliveh,

Similar technology has been developed at MIT at 2006 and I saw its applications at many softwares.
    You are giving an Ansel Picture to the software , it analysis its high frequency details and apply to your new picture. Its possible to mimic everything to everything , color and bw. I forgot to say it carries one histogram to other also.
    Softwares uses preselected images and its details and zombie images appears at the screen.
    I think if it would be possible to mimic some classic cinema frames , it would be great. I dont know whats going on at these softwares but crazy rat race is going on.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I wonder when the first digital cameras will appear that have a dial on the top which say Ansel/Atget/Kertesz/HCB? Have I missed a market niche here?
    Dial??

The camera of the future will be a thin slender rectangle with a touch screen and it will show those settings in a software menu....you will also be able to place calls with the camera...

Seriously, though, I think the camera of the future will essentially be a hand-held 3D laser scanner that will capture a digital model of the subject. Then the software will create the texture, color, lighting, viewpoint, focus, camera position, field of view etc that will be most pleasing to the majority of viewers based on its extensive software database of "what average people like." These cameras will make everyone throw away their out-dated Lytro. In anticipation of this the Lytro will be RoHS compliant.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-29-2012 at 10:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Dial??

The camera of the future will be a thin slender rectangle with a touch screen and it will show those settings in a software menu....you will also be able to place calls with the camera...

Seriously, though, I think the camera of the future will essentially be a hand-held 3D laser scanner that will capture a digital model of the subject. Then the software will create the texture, color, lighting, viewpoint, focus, camera position, field of view etc that will be most pleasing to the majority of viewers based on its extensive software database of "what average people like." These cameras will make everyone throw away their out-dated Lytro. In anticipation of this the Lytro will be RoHS compliant.
    I wouldn't buy one, but I would invent it and sell it to people. Naturally, there will be the hipstagram features built-in, along with an apple logo on one side. And of course, it will be lots of glass and slick metal, so it will easily slide out of your hand and shatter on the floor.
    Or maybe I could just make a stereoscopic attachment for an iPad....which would accomplish most of the above.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised Fauxtoshop doesn't already have such options.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The camera of the future will be a thin slender rectangle with a touch screen.
    Touch screen?

The camera of the future will be able to read your mind.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Touch screen?

The camera of the future will be able to read your mind.

Steve.
    I'm so glad I will never own the "Camera of the Future"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In the future cameras will be unnecessary, because all the images anyone could want will be available as microstock. Even for family albums, really, no family is so distinctive that it couldn't easily be replaced by some other generic family on the beach or at an amusement park. How many different wedding configurations are there anyway? 25 weddings, and you can find all the pictures you need. In two generations, no one's going to know that it isn't the real Aunt Ethel.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I'm so glad I will never own the "Camera of the Future"
    You won't. It will own you...

In the future, cameras will be leased for a nominal fee. Always kept up to date as part of the leasing plan. Of course all images created will become property of the leasing company. And, it should go without saying, your camera will only function when taking pictures of approved scenes. Should you try to jail break your camera, or take illicit pictures of prohibited scenes, the built in GPS and cellular connection will notify the authorities of your location. The ensuing high voltage shock that it delivers, after confirmation from the authorities will render you immobile until the arresting officer arrives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin