Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,293   Online: 861

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the lab recommendation, daleeman. I just sent Chris an email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is part of the reason I am doing mostly black and white. That said, we need to keep Blue Moon Camera in business. They get a lot of work and are great at it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    The printing on photographic papers is made with machines like the Durst Lambda, which projects coloured light with continuous tone on the paper. This is, in fact, optical printing although it is not made with an enlarger.
    `

You are right. However the manufacturers of halide paper don't call this optical printing but digital printing, which could be confused with something like ink-jet printing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Costco scans all 35mm film and prints chemically.
    Penn Camera, Tysons Corner Virgina, prints optically but cannot raise the enlarger head to crop out the Hasselblad film back film clamp bite out of the print.
    Samys Camera, Los Angeles and Southern California, prints optically and can raise the enlarger head to crop on request.
    Golden Color, Los Angeles, http://goldencolor.com/ 9020 West Olympic Blvd Beverly Hills CA, optically prints and can print VERY LARGE PRINTS including 8"x10". When I want a 24"x36" print from 35mm, I go to them.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If it was optical printing I would be happy then I could talk about our Lambda services here on APUG.
    I have been hesitant due to Sean's mission statement.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    `

You are right. However the manufacturers of halide paper don't call this optical printing but digital printing, which could be confused with something like ink-jet printing...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is optical concerning the halide side of the issue.

(I leave aside certain tweaking of the new emulsions to adapt them to this kind of optical printing.)

Maybe light-exposure printing would be a better term, covering both systems.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-13-2013 at 03:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hey I am all ears on this, as I do describe the unit as a huge colour enlarger with all the basic tools
    I like the term light-exposure unit that uses images captured by film or digital to output silver prints and silver negs.

How long do you think this description will fly before the moderators close the discussion down or send it to the gulag that is dpug.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It is optical concerning the halide side of the issue.

(I leave aside certain tweaking of the new emulsions to adapt them to this kind of optical printing.)

Maybe light-exposure printing would be a better term, covering both systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    If it was optical printing I would be happy then I could talk about our Lambda services here on APUG.
    I have been hesitant due to Sean's mission statement.
    If your work is done all optically, I am interested; however I do have a concern about the draconian prices Canada Post and Canada Customs would add to the cost of sending my work to you.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Have you experienced your lab of choice digitally scanning your film and then digitally printing on a high end ink jet kind of printer? I had a conversation with my favorite lab of choice and they no longer offer enlarged prints created from an enlarger and souped.

Is this the future of all professional labs, especially the color labs?

Lee

Yes. Pretty much the way all pro labs are geared now. As a user of these pro high end services, the results are splendid indeed — better than Ilfochrome Classic which I laboured away at (financially, at least!) for the better part of 20 years. I frame all my prints.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Never heard a word back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin