Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,136   Online: 1250

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hubble Ultra Deep Field 3D

What happens when you point the Hubble Space Telescope to a seemingly blank patch of sky? A view that takes you to the edge of the universe!

Turn on the sound.

http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I know, it is absolutely mind blowing how insignificant we are on a Galactic scale. As Douglas Adams wrote in the “Hitch hikers Guide to the galaxy”, “You think it is a long walk to the chemist, but to space that’s nothing. Space is mind bogglingly big”. When at school we were shown posters of our solar system, but what they didn’t tell us, was that due to the space available on the poster they could not show all the planets in the correct relation of scale of distance.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah yes, and then I think of the quotation attributed to Albert Einstein: “Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe.”
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Amazing, and humbling too...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin