Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,563   Online: 754

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the universal truths I discovered long ago is that you'll always need something you recently discarded or disposed of.

This has happened to me so many times that it's as certain as the sunrise.

I avoid the problem now by keeping everything.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    We never sell any of our equipment, I hold onto and cherish the gear that has been accumulated over the years.
    We have 10 complete enlarger systems in storage for future use , as the gear we currently use gets banged around and having backups to the backups is reassuring.
    Lots of stuff gets donated to us and we try to find good homes for the equipment and use what we can. Nothing goes to the resellers of camera, darkroom gear for profit, they are not welcome in our house.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can justify keeping all my photographic equipment, paraphernalia, odds'n'ends, gubbins, nik-naks, miss-matched lenses, out of date film, chemical dregs, 12x15 vargawassi(?) monster camera, olympus pen half frame and everything inbetween, by the simple realisation that I need it. I may not have needed it in the past. I may not need it now. It may be highly unlikely that I'll need it in the future. But someday, someday, I may need it... and that's enough for me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jonathan, I have a F3 that I never use! And what's more, I got it for free (from a patient, long story...). But would I give it up? Even to a deserving case such as yourself? Not on your life...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of Jobo 1000 tanks and reels that I never used since I got them years ago. I thought about selling them but haven't yet. I finally brought one out from storage and developed a roll of 35mm.
    That was the best experience I have had in a long time of processing film.
    Very easy to load, no drips and slinging chemicals in the sink from inversions. Easy to pour into and out of.
    Unless I am processing color film, I'll use them for a good while. I normally use metal tanks for color.

I do sell and give away things I know I won't use but usually regret doing it afterwards.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not attached to most of them, since most of them were just pieces to fill the display cabinet. I've shot a few, clicked a few here and there, and made plans to use a few in the future... but I'm not attached to them.

This Nikon FM is stressing me though. I haven't used it in a year, and probably wont anytime soon, but every time I pass the display cabinet I think "Thats the roots of what I shoot today". And the thing is, its not something I've had for any significant amount of time, it wasn't given to me by a cherished family member, and it doesn't really hold any sentimental value.... it was an ebay find. My first ebay find, and the camera that led me to APUG a year ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, how about I just say my 1800 square foot house is reminiscent of a walk-in closet and let it go at that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have:

Cameras I do not use,
    Tools I do not use,
    Musical instruments I do not play,
    Books I do not read,
    Records I do not listen to,
    Clothes I do not wear,
    Plans I haven't completed,
    and memories I can't get rid of.

What's your point?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Use right now...can't buy it new in the future!,

Shooter
    35mm
    Be happy its just cameras . I had my dad's pro lab to grow up in. I would like to have a full pro lab .
    My toys take up space. Or how about Ron M. he would like a R&D film coating plant only a mile long.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin