Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,458   Online: 967

Shooter
    Medium Format

Exif4Film: put shooting data into your scanned photos

Hi everyone!

Being a film photographer, I've been doing some hacks to save the EXIF data from exposures. Mostly it was plain text on paper notebook during the shoot and then manual attribute infusion using some desktop EXIF tool when the scans were ready. That wasn't so practical, I got tired and decided to code my own solution.

So, I've created an Android app for recording the EXIF data while taking pictures. I've also coded a desktop utility (or optionally Adobe® Lightroom® plug-in) that takes the data from the Android app and saves it on scans, so the process is automated.

You can save following EXIF data:
    * Aperture, shutter speed, focal length.
    * Lens, camera details, filter.
    * Film information, push/pull.
    * Location, time.
    * Complementary camera picture.
    * Note, metering mode, light source.

There are also other handy features, such as grouping exposures by rolls, or the built-in films database (~100 brands) (you can add your own types/brands). Also, you can add your cameras and lenses and use their params on rolls/exposures; view the exposures on map. Additionally, there's an experimental import/export of recorded gear or films, so you could share your own created entities with friends. Plus you can either export to SD card, or to your Dropbox account.

All that is free: www.exif4film.com. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    this is great. Any plans for a Mac OS/iOs versions?

Shooter
    35mm RF

Nice

Wow, I just signed up for this forum to ask for an app that does exactly this; note taking during shooting so you know what settings you did it with. The fact that you have the desktop app there as well is awesome. Looking forward to trying this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can I use this to put in any information? I want the scanner settings more than the information you mentioned. Plus can I do it without the Android? I don't have a smart phone.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you very much! I'm just starting back into film and this will be a big help, especially while I'm comparing my camera meters to handhelds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin