Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,294   Online: 865

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak 35, Kodachrome, and a late 1930s Weston meter; this was ca. 1974 and I still have many excellent quality slides from that camera.Wish I still had the camera, but the store I bought it at is still alive and well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon Powershot G11. Eventually sold to buy more film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally owned -- like several others upthread, an Argus C3 purchased new at the end of 1957 -- the Brick! After about 35 years in the back of the closet, it has been out at least once every year since 2006 to shoot a roll for Argus Day. I subjected it to a DIY CLA and rangefinder calibration in the succeeding couple of years. It is certainly no longer my first choice for most work, but some of what it's done in recent years has come out significantly better than I expected.

Prior to that I did some stuff with a folding Kodak of late 1930s vintage that my parents owned. I have no idea (60 years later) exactly what it was, but it had some control. Alas, my first personally owned camera was a Brownie Target Six-20 -- not much control there!

Shooter
    35mm
    FM2n bought new in the early to mid '80's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Checked out a Pentax K1000 from my high school in autumn, 1974. It was a revelation.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Branny new ME Super around 1980, bought from Lone Star Camera in San Antonio.
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    spotmatic think I paid 15 or 20 dollars for it in a pawnshop. It was still working fine when it was stolen some 12 years after i got it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually my very first real camera (not counting cellphones and similar contraptions of the devil) allowed full control. It was my mother's old Exa 1b with Domiplan lens. Sure, it only has 1/175 as fastest shutter speed and the lens is of a primitive triplet type, but it works well enough and the controls are all manual. I stll use it occasionally for old time's sake, though I've got a lot of better cameras and glass now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zeiss Contax 11 with a 5 cm f1.5 Sonnar lens that he brought back from Germany after W.W.11 my father gave me when I was thirteen that I still use, I had the camera given a full service over twenty years ago by the leading Zeiss repair man in the U.K who was World renowned at that time Les. Frankham.who did a fantastic job, and it's still going strong I was shooting street with it yesterday .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Praktica L, which I still have.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin