Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,753   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

First real camera that allowed you to take pictures with control

What was the first real camera you had that allowed you to take serious pictures with control. For me I think it was an Agfa Super Silette. I went to a camera shop with my dad who was going to buy me a camera. I was quite young and in the course of conversation with the salesman I remember mentioning a Leica, but I guess my dad couldn’t afford that at the time and I got the Agfa. However, I wasn’t disappointed as I made many shots at different speeds and apertures.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sigma DP-1. Moved onto film quite soon after.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine was a Nikon FE bought used in the early 70's. I still have it and occasionly take it out for a workout.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the praktica mtl 3, it took me while to figure out that I could actually control all those things I needed to.
    I still have the first negs I ever shot and looking at them I'm surprised how many have images, never mind ones that are "passable" exposure wise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon AE-1 Program with a 50mm f/1.4 lens. I bought the camera and lens new shortly after it was introduced. I bought a flash and the 28mm lens about a year later. It was my second camera, but the first that allowed me full control.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon 1000D, my first "real" camera. Was using mobile phone cameras before that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My dad always carried around a Nikkormat FT-2. He taught me to "keep the needle between the + and the -", and that was my earliest experience of using an SLR.

Twenty years later my dad has since passed, and passed the FT-2 to me. And I carry it just like he always used to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Minolta SLR SRT101b with 50mm f/1.4. belonged to my sister but I ended up adopting it and it was my introduction to Film.
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Zenit E

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    nikon fm2

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin