Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,158   Online: 946

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darn. Should have looked here at the previous post before I bought it from eBay. Oh well. Happy to support your efforts!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have an iphone, and I prefer to have my shutter speeds checked and adjusted if necessary when I have my cameras CLA'd
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a new owner of one of these, I don't know that I will be using it to adjust shutter speeds, but rather to verify what they are.

I own a number of older cameras. Rather than spend money on film to check them out, I believe this to be more cost effective. (I already own the iPad.)

If speeds are off, then I can either factor in the actual speed, or send it for a CLA. Not to mention I've always wondered what "I" is, on a T-B-I shutter.

Not affiliated.... You know the drill...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't have an iphone, and I prefer to have my shutter speeds checked and adjusted if necessary when I have my cameras CLA'd
    Then this isn't for you.. but thanks for your input

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well said welly. ambaker has it right, when you know the error you can apply a compensation.
    Sadly, this isn't for us android users either... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	androidcry.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	70461

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    yes, the aim of the app is to detect the error in your shutter, so you can compensate for it.

Here is a new batch of plugs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shutter-Spee...item3a826e421f
    They sell quite quick, so buy fast if you want to get one

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I switched to a new eBay account, the plugs are now available here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shutter-Spee...item3a82d3897a

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Anyone not yet convinced of the merits of Lucas's iPhone app and the (optional) gizmo, I vouch for the combination. The adapter arrived in the morning post and I spent the evening testing my my Yashica-D and FED II shutter speeds.
    Results from the iPhone app were very consistent. Unfortunately, while consistent, the accuracy of my Yashica was a sad affair. The FED faired better, 100th was spot on. The results for the Yashica TLR reflect with my film exposures, unfortunately!
    So, simple, quick, accurate and not going to break the bank.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin