Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,650   Online: 883

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wholy Toledo! Mykneees are ashakin'!

Well, for reasons that sort of sneaked up on me (trust me, if I had seen this coming I would have stopped it somehow ) I am going to be going up, up, and away to take some vertical aerials.

Now I am NOT the photographer, usually. Just the darkroom. But first I bought the Pentax645 from a digital competitor of mine who doesn't like the boring vertical mapping stuff. At the time, he suggests I learn to take over his small vertical shoots. Nah, I say. BUT wouldn't you know, a customer needs some current photography and when I call my competitor to set it up, he INSISTS I go with and learn how to do it myself.

I only have two phobias that I haven't resolved to date. Had many to start with and have overcome them all. The two left are airplanes and carnival rides. To make matters more interesting, we are socked in so I will only have about an hour on notice before we go up. AHAHAHAHAHHHHHHH!

Chanting: I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. . . .. .. . :0

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    after this you can join me at the beginning of January when I head off to Disney World and we can take care of that last phobia
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can do this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will do it and I'll bet enjoy it. Your body will now allow you to live in a steady state of fear and adrennalin rush for too long. I bet by the time you land it will be - well, not boring, but not really all that exciting either. Also, you will probably be too busy to worry about it.
    Have fun, and let us know how it went.

Now, carnival rides and ladders are an entirely different story!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Jeremy, y'think I should? Last time I went to Disneyland my youngest was only about 18months, so I had an excuse to keep my feet on the ground.
    I think JohnnyWalker has it pegged. I'll be a basket case till it starts, then it will be rather anti-climaxtic (sp?). This is my hope anyway, no climaxes required nor requested, just boring and normal would be best.
    According to the weatherman it might be next Friday before southern Idaho clears out, though. The waiting and sudden notice, . . . has both good and bad aspects. RoFL

Images
    I agree that once you start to concentrate on the photography, the anxiety will quickly fade.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Don't bump into Santa Claus while your up there. He might be on his way somewhere and I'd to hear my new toys are spread all over Idaho!.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not only can you do this, you can do it well. Just have faith and confidence in yourself.

I used to be not only darkophobic, but fashophobic, as well. Now, I can stick my head under a darkcloth and photograph tall, beautiful fashion models with a view camera without a single bead of perspiration.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Not only can you do this, you can do it well. Just have faith and confidence in yourself.

I used to be not only darkophobic, but fashophobic, as well. Now, I can stick my head under a darkcloth and photograph tall, beautiful fashion models with a view camera without a single bead of perspiration.
    I'll have to try that myself to make sure Ralph's new experience is not just a function of age. Now, to find some tall, beautiful fashion models for my experiment. I may just have to journey out of downtown Eagle Bay.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First of all....congratulations on overcoming other phobias! If you have done that, you have overcome obstacles that many other people cannot!

I have to tell you that I have a real phobia concerning snakes....I don't just dislike them, I really HATE them! I am even uncomfortable looking at pictures of them! BUT...you have overcome phobias! You are now my role model!

I think you will be fine once you start snapping pics. Focus on the film & only what you see through the viewfinder! Please let us know how your excursion goes! I am going to be waiting for your report on the adventure!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin