Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,668   Online: 1191

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Lightmeter Sekonic L758DR Time for start

I buy a new Sekonic L-758DR. After pressing power button the lightmeter need 10 s to work. Is that normal time? There is no info about empty battery on diplay

Jochen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine takes a few seconds (more like 2 seconds or so) of continuous pressing of the power button to turn it on. Then it's ready for use. Mine actually came with a new but dead battery. I bought it factory fresh too. Even if your power gauge doesn't say anything, I'd try it with a brand new battery....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hello

Thanks for quick answer.
    I will test the Lightmeter some days and then buy a new battery.
    Do You have experience with Sekonic L-758 ? I have some little questions.
    1) What mean the little 5 arrows above the scale in display when I activate the lightmeter ?
    Can You help me ?

Jochen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FIVE ARROWS?

Do you see that on your LCD display?? There are 3 arrows on right of a battery symbol... is that what you are talking about? Please describe where you are seeing this....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of your questions may be in the manual:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes...ic_l-758dr.htm

Do you mean the blinking of the "incident" or "spot" sign described on page 11? I also wondered sometimes if this is a "start up" time of the meter. But reading it now again, I think it is just blinking to show the measurement modus?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correction. I was a bit confused as I was typing from memory. Now I'm at home playing with my own 758DR. It is turning the unit OFF that takes few second of power button press.

Pressing the power button briefly almost instantly brings up the LCD display. It takes less than 0.5 second. Then after that, an icon on left of ISO blinks for few seconds. This blinking icon indicates if the unit is in incident mode or reflective (spot) mode.

I still don't know what 5 arrows OP is talking about. There are 3 downward pointing arrows at left top. If this is what OP is talking about, together with the sunny mark, it indicates the mode the meter is in. Sunny mark indicate the normal lighting mode. Arrows are flash reading modes. Whatever is enclosed by a square is the mode it is currently in.

If further questions, please reply....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
    Some of your questions may be in the manual:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes...ic_l-758dr.htm

Do you mean the blinking of the "incident" or "spot" sign described on page 11? I also wondered sometimes if this is a "start up" time of the meter. But reading it now again, I think it is just blinking to show the measurement modus?
    @Heinz.

Thanks for feedback. I read this now also in the manual. You are right, my mistake.

Jochen

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Correction. I was a bit confused as I was typing from memory. Now I'm at home playing with my own 758DR. It is turning the unit OFF that takes few second of power button press.

Pressing the power button briefly almost instantly brings up the LCD display. It takes less than 0.5 second. Then after that, an icon on left of ISO blinks for few seconds. This blinking icon indicates if the unit is in incident mode or reflective (spot) mode.
    I think You and Heinz answered my question.

Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I still don't know what 5 arrows OP is talking about. There are 3 downward pointing arrows at left top. If this is what OP is talking about, together with the sunny mark, it indicates the mode the meter is in. Sunny mark indicate the normal lighting mode. Arrows are flash reading modes. Whatever is enclosed by a square is the mode it is currently in.

If further questions, please reply....
    I mean the 5 very little arrows above the scale when the meter is in F-Mode. F-Mode means aperture. I have not programmed the meter yet.
    2 little arrows between -3 / -2. One is by 0. 2 little arrows between 2 / 3.

Now I think the arrows should indicate the profile of camera. It is written in manual on page 45, but not described on page 3 with explanation of display.

Jochen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See page 5, about the middle of the page. Those arrows are explained there briefly as a dynamic range indicator. Basically, when you measure multiple points and use the memory function for each measured point, and the spread exceeds the dynamic range of the camera, it blinks. It's more important for digital cameras than film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Jochen,

The arrows are the "highlight" "shadow" and "clipping" points. They are programmable.

You can use the default settings, they agree with a standard profile.

I programmed mine to fall on whole stops to agree with traditional "Zone System". I didn't have to move the points very far.

I use it in "shutter priority" mode where the f/stops display. I look at these arrows to place highlights or shadows. Spotmeter any single point, then look at the f/stop at the shadow point to get the setting to use. Since I moved the arrows, when I take the f/stop nearest the shadow arrow, I effectively place that spotmeter reading on Zone II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin