Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 853

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does anyone know what this is?

I have a piece of old camera equipment. It came to me from my grandfather, probably from his father before him. It is just under 2 feet long and has been living under a green surgical sheet with a sticker on it stating "Pinhole enlarger, 1890s". Given that it has a lens, I'm not so sure this is accurate.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks, Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0288.JPG   DSCF0287.JPG   DSCF0285.JPG   DSCF0283.JPG   DSCF0280.JPG  

DSCF0282.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    I have seen something similar but it was about 50 years ago and made of Bakelite plastic. What I saw was a fixed focus enlarge (Yes I did say enlarger!) The negative went in at the top and the paper was slid in at the bottom using a light tight drawer and then exposed to the daylight or to a tungsten bulb so the light shone through the negative, via the simple meniscus lens onto the paper. It was made for fixed size enlargements on either 3.5"x5.5" or 3.5"x5" size of paper, I am not exactly sure.

I may be wrong but it certainly looks like it to me. I think they were made by the UK company Patterson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's helpful, thanks. It sounds like this is an earlier version of the one you saw.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin