Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,956   Online: 1013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Polaroid SX-70 Advertisement

Includes a detailed explanation of how the camera works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaiq...ature=youtu.be

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As simple as it looks, they put quite some effort in its construction.

But I very much like its outer design too. To be fair though, decennias earler there had been a quite similar design.

Back then my father bought it in the autofocus version, chromed and with true leather trim. Somehow I always handled it with utmost care, in order not to scratch it. In spite of its pure form it seemed very delicate to me, what of course was counterproductiive for actually using it. As was the price of a photograph.
    I still got it, in virgin state...
    Last edited by AgX; 10-07-2012 at 06:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    As simple as it looks, they put quite some effort in its construction.
    One of Edwins Land's primary goals in designing something was to make it as simple as possible for the user by the use of clever design and technology. He called this simplicity through complexity (or something similar).

The Edwin Land biography Insisting on the Impossible is well worth reading.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you think about it, a pocketable (more or less), folding, MF SLR is too cool for words.

The innovation that went into every aspect of that camera deserves great respect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    If you think about it, a pocketable (more or less), folding, MF SLR is too cool for words.

The innovation that went into every aspect of that camera deserves great respect.
    So true. I like to remind people that Polaroid largely went under due to the criminal activity of the new owner. I don't know what would have happened if someone else had run the company, but I bet if the film could be (successfully) duplicated it would still be a profitable camera, although not the mainstay of a mega corporation. (My ex has mine.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin