Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,687   Online: 1177

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If we talk about original Leica to Russian Leica , Russian one makes a sharp gear noise like an Messerschmitt , I think with an Mercedes engine , Original Leica TM makes a smoother , more smooth bokeh sound like a Spitfire with an Rolls Royce engine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    If we talk about original Leica to Russian Leica , Russian one makes a sharp gear noise like an Messerschmitt , I think with an Mercedes engine , Original Leica TM makes a smoother , more smooth bokeh sound like a Spitfire with an Rolls Royce engine.
    Nice analogy. When I press the shutter on my Leica II, which was made in 1932, it sounds like an insects whisper.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree Cliveh , only the users know the value of Leica. But come , tell this to my plastic Leica Mini Zoom 35-70 Vario Elmar .
    It has an excellent lens but all other things are terrible. Camera is too thick , too heavy for a plastic camera and viewfinder with rounded corners and bad plastic is terrible. Camera makes too much noise , cant focus for street and always works with the slowest speed. Its my sixth Leica and what a horrible thing. Lens and flash is top world quality but on off the camera , off the flash buttons are terrible. It sucks the battery and finding the new one is head ache.
    I bought a new like FED 1G 1954 with an FED 50 mm and I will sell that Leica and buy an Summitar for 150 dollar from KEH and pain in the ass is over. Its a Leica II copy and I used 3 original Elmars and 2 Summitar , one coated and a Summicron and I found the class and bright sunlight pictures and bulb light pictures faraway more successful at SUM series , not Summilux. I saw hundred daylight Summilux pictures and No !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    My Chamonix 4X5 is a black Beemer with tinted windows.
    I have the 45N-2....now I wonder what camera my black 2012 S4 with 19" Ti wheels is equal to?....
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    This would be a twelve-cylinder Ferrari...
    I saw this and got a stupid grin on my face. I don't know what that says about me.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Well lets see, my M3 would be a Chevy 1/2 ton, the M5 a Buick Wildcat the Nikon F5 reminds me of a souped up Volvo and my behemoth Laborator enlarger would be likened to a Sherman tank. My Rollei TLR reminds me of a sexy German model as photographed by Helmut Newton.
    Don't know about camera n cars, but I can tell you in my 60 years the things that gave me the most probelms either had tits or wheels.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Perhaps the Konica AiBORG is a Trabant.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Perhaps the Konica AiBORG is a Trabant.
    Pintoids==Trabants, I think. They *will* in fact get you from point A to point B, but they do it in a rather eccentric clunky way requiring a lot of user intervention, often accompanied by strange smells and unpredictable performance, and they're made of recycled consumer products.

The AiBORG looks kind of like a 2CV to me.

My Bergheil is a prewar Mercedes.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My Nikon FG is like the 1967(?) Chevy my Folks owned, my Yashica Electro 35 is an old Honda/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My old Koni-Omega was like a Nissan Armada, but only because of what the name of that 3 ton automobile evokes.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin