Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,933   Online: 869

Shooter
    Medium Format

thoughts on Kodak Ektragraphic 250 slide viewer?

I have a chance to purchase a Kodak Ektragraphic 250 Slide Viewer like the one shown below off of the local Craigslist. I do have slide projectors that I use at times to view the chromes (both 35mm and 6x6). But sometimes I think I might benefit from a quick run through of the most recently developed 35mm slides. I was wondering if there are any users of this Kodak Ektragraphic 250 slide viewer. I understand that it uses a frosted glass. Is the projection on 12x12 screen nice, bright and crisp? I have never seen one working and I am all ears for your thoughts on this machine. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E33L13N95N55G65F1caf19f5af15d42319ec.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	58546
    Last edited by kmallick; 10-17-2012 at 10:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Monkey Just Wiggled !!!

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do any of your current 35 mm projectors support stack loaders? I find that with mine, an Elmo Carousel clone, a stack loader is very useful for quick run throughs. Beats loading and unloading a tray.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know of any currently available slide projector but I have a stack loader from Kodak and it works on both the Ektagraphic and Carrousel projector. I am quite sure that it would work on the 250 as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was considering the Kodak Ektragraphic 250 for table top viewing to avoid setting up a slide projector.
    Anyways, I have purchased this beast already and I am planning to take it for a spin tonight. Thanks for all the responses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent !

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin