Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,295   Online: 851

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

zomg, a Metered Light PocketSpot Meter just appeared in the post...

...after what seems like around seven years of correspondence Thanks Eric & Karl!!

First impressions: small and indestructible, and (metering 'stuff' around the home this evening) it agrees with my Sekonic spot meter completely. This (along with one day investing in an f/9 300mm lens, and a carbon fibre tripod, etc) will make some of that difficult terrain photo-hunting a bit lighter/nicer! And it's very nicely designed for zone calculations too (which I really ought to do, since I use the same film and developer pretty much always).

I can hardly wait to take it out on adventures - so excited!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is a "Metered Meter"?

By the way, "zOMG is a varient of the all-too-popular acronym `OMG´, meaning `Oh My God´"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Metered Light is the company, PocketSpot is the meter: see here - http://meteredlight.blogspot.com.au

zomg is, well, zomg!! Seven years is a long time to wait for anything...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got one a few years ago, after at least a couple of years of sporadic correspondence, and quite like it. It agrees perfectly with my Pentax digital and a couple of other calibrated meters I've got kicking around, but this is the one that gets out of the house most frequently.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Marc, for complaining, but I really did not understand that thread title.
    Actually I spend quite some time at Apug just looking up colloquialisms...
    At first I thought ZOMG was the product or brand name.

Strange enough I can't remember ever having heard of that company. I faintly remember though that somewhere at the US Westcoast is/was a company doing Weston-meter repairs.
    Maybe it's the same and my memory needs a check too...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Congratulations. I am glad the meteed light people are still up and running. I have had mine for a few years and is my go to spot meter.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @AgX, Metered Light is a two-person part-time operation, they both have "real" jobs. It's completely independent of Quality Light Metric, who do repairs of Weston meters and just about any other kind ever made as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this meter only give reading in EVs not f stops ?
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes Ben, it's like a Gossen digisix or digiflash in that respect, with the display showing EV & dots for thirds.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just used one in the Redwoods, I took my Fred Picker Zone VI too. My Metered is the best light meter I've owned. Is it absolutely needed? There are perfectly fine meters out there but a small precision like this is in its own category. An Ebony camera, a Cooke lens, a Metered Light.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin