Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,198   Online: 858

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Handmade walking stick/mono pod combo

Oh somehow I missed the point of this, yes very nice design, was trying to save you energy, the photo didn't load the first time :/ lol

~Stone

http://www.stonenyc.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh somehow I missed the point of this, yes very nice design, was trying to save you energy, the photo didn't load the first time :/ lol

~Stone

http://www.stonenyc.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No worries Stone , If I had the money, I probably would have saved the energy! In my younger days when I was racing sprint cars, most of the other teams were buying parts off of the shelf, while I was building my own. Always preferred to do it myself when I can.

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    No worries Stone , If I had the money, I probably would have saved the energy! In my younger days when I was racing sprint cars, most of the other teams were buying parts off of the shelf, while I was building my own. Always preferred to do it myself when I can.

Griz
    One of those is only $30, if you don't have that, how can you buy film? Haha but seriously what a nice design! Yours is unique so that's worth more than $100 if you sold it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    One of those is only $30, if you don't have that, how can you buy film? Haha but seriously what a nice design! Yours is unique so that's worth more than $100 if you sold it.
    Glad you like it Stone!

Cheers,
    Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^ nowhere near as satisfying.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    ^ nowhere near as satisfying.
    That's for sure John, and I love your signature...been riding since I was 8 years old!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    LOL, yeah, but too many hours of work in it, no way to charge an affordable price, and still make a profit. Had the same problem with my leather shop. Sold bass guitar straps for anywhere from $100 to $300, but I was spending 10 to 12 hours on a project. Had very happy customers, but no profit margin.

I'm glad you like it though!

Griz
    You could do what a lot of American companies have done: outsource it overseas for about $1.00 per stick and sell them for... Let's say a low ballpark figure of $100.00

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My wife had been after me to make her a walking stick for a year or so. This spring, while removing some small trees on the property, I recalled her request. Since she usually carries my tripod, thought I should accommodate her. We recently returned from a trip to the U.P. where we did do some more difficult hiking along the Sturgeon River. Not terribly bad, but rough surfaces, low rock outcroppings that doubled as steps along the trail and of course, they were uneven. Anyway, we found our selves "sharing" her walking stick in some of the more difficult places. I decided to make myself one since the 4x5 kit (backpack) on level ground is not much of a problem even at its 25 or so pounds, but when having to climb up or down, the stick would be handy for balance. Here are my first two attempts. I never thought of the mono pod idea, might steal that one. I put rubber tips on ours, it seemed more practical for the use we will get out of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails walkstix.jpg  
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    You could do what a lot of American companies have done: outsource it overseas for about $1.00 per stick and sell them for... Let's say a low ballpark figure of $100.00
    Having been outsourced myself after 24 years at the same company, I kind of doubt that I would do it to myself again!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    My wife had been after me to make her a walking stick for a year or so. This spring, while removing some small trees on the property, I recalled her request. Since she usually carries my tripod, thought I should accommodate her. We recently returned from a trip to the U.P. where we did do some more difficult hiking along the Sturgeon River. Not terribly bad, but rough surfaces, low rock outcroppings that doubled as steps along the trail and of course, they were uneven. Anyway, we found our selves "sharing" her walking stick in some of the more difficult places. I decided to make myself one since the 4x5 kit (backpack) on level ground is not much of a problem even at its 25 or so pounds, but when having to climb up or down, the stick would be handy for balance. Here are my first two attempts. I never thought of the mono pod idea, might steal that one. I put rubber tips on ours, it seemed more practical for the use we will get out of them.
    Very nice, and you're more than welcome to use the idea!

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin