Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,436   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    This may be just one more case where insurance coverage, rather than best practices, determines eligibility.
    Perhaps in your country!

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No, as has been mentioned, most eye doctors consider the risks of the surgery to be enough to not do the surgery until the situation is bad enough. Anecdotally, most people say afterward that they wish they had done it sooner. However, these are not the very few who had things go wrong. Fortunately, it is very, very few. The point is, cataract surgery is surgery, and one does not do it without due consideration of all factors, including potential risks. Just having 20/40 vision in one eye and having to use the other eye for focusing cameras is not enough. I have had a retinal tear in one eye and a detachment in the other. Both were repaired totally. But, I'm still not looking forward to the next time a surgeon takes a needle, scalpel, or even a laser to one of my eyeballs.

And seriously, guys, I just wanted to suggest using a visor if one has a similar problem. Discussions of insurance and national health care issues is an unwanted, unintended consequence; and quite frankly, is soap box stuff.. Give it a rest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    ...most eye doctors consider the risks of the surgery to be enough to not do the surgery until the situation is bad enough...discussions of insurance and national health care issues is an unwanted, unintended consequence; and quite frankly, is soap box stuff.. Give it a rest.
    It is very difficult to determine whether there's any ulterior motivation behind opthalmologists' aversion to early cataract surgery. That a procedure might not be reimbursable could easily influence what course of action (or inaction) is recommended.

The way this thread developed is a natural consequence of its topic. I see no reason to avoid addressing others' posts and don't plan to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin