Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,537   Posts: 1,572,749   Online: 780

Thread: 110 film blank?

Shooter
    35mm RF

110 film blank?

I had some expired 110 film ( most of the film Ive shot is expired) and I only got two pictures out if it and they were really purple. Then the rest of the Negatives were blank and the prints I got back were purple. Could the film cause this or is it possibly the camera? The camera is just a instamatic 110? I can see the shutter open so Im not positive of what caused this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Combine an expired film with a fixed focus, fixed exposure camera and that's what you got.
    The instamatics were mostly with a fixed speed of around 1/60th and an aperture of F11. That means if you try to shot under light conditions that aren't sunny or bright enough, the film will be underexposed.
    Another thing, expired films loose sensibility and display colour shifts..
    Fresh 110 film is being produced and it isn't that expensive to get from places like the Film Photography Project.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Extremely purple generally means that the rest of the film was too far gone to make an image. I've found that the last step in C-41's degradation is the change to an extremely purple image when reversed (to a print).
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin