Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,903   Online: 973

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not going to help by forcing him to use your sort of camera, it'll end up like the FG.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let him have what he wants for now. If he figures out it's not all that good, then you can push a good camera in front of him. Hell, it's less than $20.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would look at the lesser known autofocus P&S. The Olympus Stylus Epic may be a little pricey right now, but Canon, Yashica, and Konica all made something similar.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    At the bottom of this page you can see why he wants this particular camera...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...-mother-2.html

I took it away from him and gave it to my mom...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    At the bottom of this page you can see why he wants this particular camera...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...-mother-2.html

I took it away from him and gave it to my mom...
    Dug yer own hole eh?

Can't say I haven't done that kinda thing.

So now what?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill, If he is amenable to a different p&s to replace the old one I saw a pentax iqzoom 90 wr on the auction site for $35 shipped. I used to use those on construction sites for documentation and found them to be fairly decent little cameras for a p&s. I have no connection to the seller and have not done business with him but here is the link.http://www.ebay.com/itm/PENTAX-Zoom-...item43b5a05589

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Dug yer own hole eh?

Can't say I haven't done that kinda thing.

So now what?
    Yup, I sure did and now I have to make it right somehow...

At the time I thought I'd just give him one of my point and shoots...

Then I realized the only auto anything I had was the ESII and OM-4 with auto exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In our area, I would just take him shopping at our local thrift stores. $5 would buy any of a number of them. You could check them out for him and he could decide.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy him what he wants, then get a Nikon F3 and leave it on the table by the front door :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format

My high school kid wants a camera

I know a fair bit about snowboarding and I have to be careful how much I steer what board my daughter gets. I will try to steer the choice towards a handful of boards that are OK and not too expensive and then I let her choose even if it is not one I am 100% crazy about (I am not keen on rockered boards if their are any shredders out there) because I know if she does not like it she will not snowboard. So if you are steering away from a camera male sure there is some buy in. Eg if he wants a yucky zoom you may want tort that ride. Most of us thought zooms were cool at some point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin