Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,548   Online: 943

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not get him what he thinks it's perfect?

If he's in high school, he is well into establishing his own identity. Right or not, that's what he wants.

You could give him a Haseelblad Super EX-Plus with f/1.2 10 - 280 mm premium zoom with 4000 guide-number nuclear flash but hey... He wants a p&s. There's nothing wrong with that. When he feels the limitation of what he has chosen, he'll be in better position to want something else and he'll appreciate it that much more.

I'm sort of against choosing the best for him based on our ideas.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    Bill, If he is amenable to a different p&s to replace the old one I saw a pentax iqzoom 90 wr
    Thanks LarryP for the idea...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Why not get him what he thinks it's perfect?

I'm sort of against choosing the best for him based on our ideas.
    Ideas like this are good..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a highschool senior and I started out on a minolta X-700. Perfect combination of P&S, plus a little manual if you want to get fancy. The aperture indexing finally kicked the bucket on mine, but not before I took it to germany and abused it greatly.

I believe I'm the only person under 18 who regularly uses and prints from an RB67. It's a strange state of affairs.

(and before you think "entitled", I paid for all of it myself or got it for free. Worked at Waffle House for much longer than any normal human should have to.)
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    When he grows up he will complain: "My Dad wouldn't let me have a Minolta Freedom Zoom 140EX, that was the camera I really wanted..."
    Well, thanks to flatulent1, he's got a Minolta Freedom Zoom 140EX with fresh batteries and color print film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another family crisis averted.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Let him do what I did. Mow lawns to earn the money to buy a Kodak 35, give him an old selenium meter, and let him mow more lawns to buy some Velvia.
    If he can get good results with that combo, he'll be able to use anything.
    With a bit of luck he will soon want a more expensive camera soon, that is a lot of garden work getting done.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EKDobbs View Post
    I'm a highschool senior and I started out on a minolta X-700. Perfect combination of P&S, plus a little manual if you want to get fancy. The aperture indexing finally kicked the bucket on mine, but not before I took it to germany and abused it greatly.

I believe I'm the only person under 18 who regularly uses and prints from an RB67. It's a strange state of affairs.

(and before you think "entitled", I paid for all of it myself or got it for free. Worked at Waffle House for much longer than any normal human should have to.)
    EKDobbs,

Meant to give you props for getting into 6x7. Take lots of pictures of your friends and the places you hang out. If you can stand it, take pictures of family too. I've found as I get on with life, the photos from the old days, are the ones I like the most.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin