Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,506   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Look at the early Graflite strobes, made by Heiland/Honeywell. The first Heiland/Honeywell strobes were considered the standard for TLR's and used by the press before the shift into 35mm. Steven.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I have an early Strobonar by Honeywell sitting on the shelf on display. Kind of an oval reflector. Guide number 80 in feet at iso 100 I reacll. It used sub c cells - 4 of them. I have not been motivated to hunt down the new cells it needs, and I am also missing the chahrger cord.

If all of my too many other flashes all died at once, I might fit this with aa NiMH's to see if it still would fire, after a good long soak on power withiut flashing to recondition the electrolytic capacitior.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The old Norman portable units aren't so expensive, but if you have to upgrade to a new SuperBattery and charger that works with it, it can be, though it is a better battery than the old ones. There are people who re-cell the old batteries as well. A 200C is newer, lighter and smaller than a 200B with the same output. The 400B is the same size as a 200B with double the output, and I think it's heavier.

That's a 200B pack on my shoulder and a large tele-reflector on the flash head. The normal reflector is 5-inches in diameter. I've since replaced the 200B with a 200C. That paper on the reflector is a table I made for converting distance (readable from the focus scale on the lens) to aperture at three different power settings (200/100/50 W-s)--

flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Norman 200B's that I had tuned up at New York Flash Clinic. And I have an Armatar 283 Flash that takes Norman Reflectors and flashtubes and works great. Stroboframe makes a good 2 1/4 Bracket that works with the 283.

The Honeywell 700 Hammer-Handle strobe is one that I used to use with the Yashicamat 124G for press work back in the 70's. Honeywell made a special TLR bracket that fit the 124G perfectly. Mine wasn't auto exposure, but they made many different versions and that was certainly an option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin