Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,361   Online: 766

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went through a Printing Technologies at our local junior college to get a degree in desktop publishing. it was 20 years ago and they were slowly getting rid of their light tables, stat cameras and darkroom. A couple of years earlier, they were teaching courses in stripping. Back then, highly trained printers were able make negs to burn printer plates. I'm sure that skill in plate making is a lost art. Some print shops go direct to plate without even using image setter negs to burn the plate.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have seen some course work art one of the art colleges around Denver that do that sort ofprint making with negs and burning plates. That looks like a lot of fun. Something I probably would find very difficult to do in my garage and the Mrs. wondering why she can't park her car in the garage because there is a printing press in her spot. Would be an interesting sell...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Old offset litho is probably dead. The strange thing is that letter press is coming back in some circles. Martha Stewart is a fan.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i used a piece of milky plexiglass for a similar-size table. by the way mine is available for freeif you are willing to to comepick it up too.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...Though the future wife rolled her eyes big time when I brought it home. She just doesn't understand these things.
    I got a similar deal on a large light table, my wife helped me haul it home though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ralph it would be an honor just to come out and visit you and pick your brain let alone pick up a piece of pliexi glass. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    come on by,but i'm not sure there is much left to pick from.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh please! It truly would be an honor. And I am not trying to flatter you to get another freebie thrown in. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bounce. it's still available!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin