Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,064   Online: 812

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weird wheel

Shooter
    35mm
    I rather like it. No it's not going to give the image quality of a 35mm transparency shot with a good lens, but if it helps sell slide film and keeps it around for longer than it otherwise would, I'm all for it. Likewise with cross-processing E-6 in C-41, if it helps keep slide film around then I'm all for it, even if I prefer the traditional 35mm slides.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Ok... but if it get's the film market going again, since the images will be put on film, why can't we view this as a GOOD thing?
    Seriously, how much film do you think this thing will sell, assuming it ever does make it to market? It's a toy you'd get for a little kid.

It seems that every time some particularly egregious piece of crap comes along it's defended on the grounds that it will "help keep film around".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Technology comes full circle.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Seriously, how much film do you think this thing will sell, assuming it ever does make it to market? It's a toy you'd get for a little kid.

It seems that every time some particularly egregious piece of crap comes along it's defended on the grounds that it will "help keep film around".

Well... as of Sept 2012 Instagram has over 100 million users. Even if only 1/4 of them bought just one wheel that's 25 million wheels. I'd say that's a sizeable amount of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well... as of Sept 2012 Instagram has over 100 million users. Even if only 1/4 of them bought just one wheel that's 25 million wheels. I'd say that's a sizeable amount of film.
    Which will cause a spike in film sales, no more. And the thingy isn't yet in production.

I wish someone would market a simple affordable good quality 35mm that would appeal somehow to folks, and give good photos - things like this and the lomography fad make a mockery of film.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well... as of Sept 2012 Instagram has over 100 million users.
    I'm amazed. Up to a week ago or so I did not even know what an Instagram is.

(Should I come out under that rock?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I'm amazed. Up to a week ago or so I did not even know what an Instagram is.

(Should I come out under that rock?)
    No. You're missing nothing. I'd like to join you, in fact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which will cause a spike in film sales, no more. And the thingy isn't yet in production.

I wish someone would market a simple affordable good quality 35mm that would appeal somehow to folks, and give good photos - things like this and the lomography fad make a mockery of film.

No one thought instagram would take off, but it has 100 million users and was bought by Facebook.

No one thought Angry Birds would take off, but it has over 1 BILLION downloads. At 99 cents a download, thats nearly 1 billion dollars alone.

Who knows what this little thing is going to do. Their funding goal was $18K and they've already been funded TWICE that amount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Who knows. Maybe this will be the "gateway drug" that will coax people into trying 35mm or medium format transparencies. Still, 25 million frames divided by 36 frames/roll works out to 694,000 rolls of transparency film. That would be a nice spike indeed.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format

When it comes to transparency film especially, every little bit helps.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin