Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,048   Online: 908

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by m1tch View Post
    I'm quite lucky in the fact that I have asked the wife to be if i'm allowed a dark room in our house we are looking to buy next year and i've been allowed lol
    It sounds like you may have a keeper.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get it in writing......just kidding.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Get it in writing......just kidding.
    He means in triplicate

Ian

Images
    I don't hide them. In fact she gets mad when because I display them. Of course, to do this, I moved some of her stuff.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Hiding is no basis for a relationship. What is she hiding from you?

Tell the truth and say you need it for baby portraits.
    Worked for me. Both times.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jk0592 View Post
    Why, just give the new Blad as a gift to your wife. You will not have to hide it, and you can "borrow" it from her whenever you want to use it...
    Genius

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimoespedro View Post
    Genius
    Until she puts it up on evilbay and instead buys herself a pair of nice shoes for the money...
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    My wife is really smart and she knows all my cameras. Now I want to buy my first Hasselblad which in no way looks like to anything I already have to tell her its the same. We live in a small apartment with no place to hide things and my baby is coming soon. She will be furious if I come home with a new camera... Any idea? Divorce is not an option.
    There might be a few (good-)reasons why your wife would not accept you buying an other camera.
    She might have other, more important, priorities or items to spend money on:
    - a baby coming its way, something that costs hands full of money, she thinks you might have 'forgotten' that
    - a new or safer car to take the kids to school
    - a new washing machine, clean underwear and ditto baby clothes are important too!
    - redecorating, a cosy house is nice for the whole family (and feeding the baby)
    - the heating boiler is aging
    - she thinks that you should invest in something really useful, what ever that might be (for the baby)
    - the threat of the economical crisis is coming in closer and closer
    - the mortgage (rent) that is becoming more and more difficult to pay (see above)
    - her job is insecure (and she didn't dear to tell you) (see above)
    - keep something for bad times to come (see above)
    - she finally might want something nice, and less down to earth, for her self too (becoming a mother is ruining your body shape...)
    - she doesn't like the kind of pictures you take, you might change you style first...
    - she want you to be more kind and attend full to her
    - she thinks that you love more these camera's than you love her...
    - she thinks that you already have enough spend on those damned camera's: "...now, do something good, get out and shoot!!!..."

Be happy with the new baby and forget that Hasselblad (and see that quote below)!
    Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 12-05-2012 at 03:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Women are wiser than we think and usually they are correct in what they say. We (men) tend to forget that or even think otherwise. Even when they go mad they do forgive and understand. If she says there are too many cameras she will have a good point and is proberly correct.
    Women may have too many shoes but it is part of there identity. Cameras etc. may be part of the identity of men, but women also wear shoes for men, to look good. Men don't have cameras for their wives, we may brag with them but I would say it is more souly for us.
    I believe Philippe-Georges above has a few good points. She may reconize a problem clearer and better than a man. I would rather give my money to women than a man.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    I would rather give my money to women than a man.
    In fact you are giving them to Frau Merkel

IMO Woman want to look good for the benefit of their own vanity and especially insecurity, not "for men". They certainly don't wear high heels out of generosity toward men (who normally don't care a fig about heels, and care about other stuff, for which many woman are not just as generous ).

I think it was Schiller who said something like: "Men desire woman; woman desire men's desire".

You seem to have some kind of a feminist bias. Don't worry. Certainly some black slaves were pro-slavery, after all
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 12-05-2012 at 09:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin