My wife is really smart and she knows all my cameras. Now I want to buy my first Hasselblad which in no way looks like to anything I already have to tell her its the same. We live in a small apartment with no place to hide things and my baby is coming soon. She will be furious if I come home with a new camera... Any idea? Divorce is not an option.
There might be a few (good-)reasons why your wife would not accept you buying an other camera.
She might have other, more important, priorities or items to spend money on:
- a baby coming its way, something that costs hands full of money, she thinks you might have 'forgotten' that
- a new or safer car to take the kids to school
- a new washing machine, clean underwear and ditto baby clothes are important too!
- redecorating, a cosy house is nice for the whole family (and feeding the baby)
- the heating boiler is aging
- she thinks that you should invest in something really useful, what ever that might be (for the baby)
- the threat of the economical crisis is coming in closer and closer
- the mortgage (rent) that is becoming more and more difficult to pay (see above)
- her job is insecure (and she didn't dear to tell you) (see above)
- keep something for bad times to come (see above)
- she finally might want something nice, and less down to earth, for her self too (becoming a mother is ruining your body shape...)
- she doesn't like the kind of pictures you take, you might change you style first...
- she want you to be more kind and attend full to her
- she thinks that you love more these camera's than you love her...
- she thinks that you already have enough spend on those damned camera's: "...now, do something good, get out and shoot!!!..."
Be happy with the new baby and forget that Hasselblad (and see that quote below)!
Last edited by Philippe-Georges; 12-05-2012 at 04:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.
"...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
(freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)
PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...
Women are wiser than we think and usually they are correct in what they say. We (men) tend to forget that or even think otherwise. Even when they go mad they do forgive and understand. If she says there are too many cameras she will have a good point and is proberly correct.
Women may have too many shoes but it is part of there identity. Cameras etc. may be part of the identity of men, but women also wear shoes for men, to look good. Men don't have cameras for their wives, we may brag with them but I would say it is more souly for us.
I believe Philippe-Georges above has a few good points. She may reconize a problem clearer and better than a man. I would rather give my money to women than a man.
IMO Woman want to look good for the benefit of their own vanity and especially insecurity, not "for men". They certainly don't wear high heels out of generosity toward men (who normally don't care a fig about heels, and care about other stuff, for which many woman are not just as generous ).
I think it was Schiller who said something like: "Men desire woman; woman desire men's desire".
You seem to have some kind of a feminist bias. Don't worry. Certainly some black slaves were pro-slavery, after all
Last edited by Diapositivo; 12-05-2012 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.