Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,979   Posts: 1,632,861   Online: 1043

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    No, there will be no ugliness and you shouldn't regret anything except that it may be inappropriate in this context. Let me be clear: I think your opinion is valid even though I disagree. But I think opinions on that topic have no place in this forum. So believe what you will, but making generic statements like that is rediculously untrue -- meaning not all women ... and not all men ...

And every time you say "we" this and "we" that... you should make sure you say "I". Your attitude seems, IMO, a lot less experienced and mature than it will be after you are married for a while and walked a few more miles on the face of this earth. IMHO, of course, and with no disrespect intended.

Let's talk photography.
    Hi Brian I respect fully what you say, maybe you are right and we should talk photography. What I mean with we this and that is in a general sence. It has grown in part through my experinece working with men on building sites whish I used to do in my youth for about ten years.
    The way a lot of guys talk is not nice and sometimes a bit anti women. Certainly not all, some of the most noble people I have meet were there. The last ten years I have worked mostly with women, the other side of the coin and I enjoy analising the differences. Sometimes I may exagerate what I mean to make a point.
    No intention wanted to put "us" or "we" in a box. No who is better or anything like that, that would be stupid from my part and cheap. The differences of the two mentalities in a very general way is for me fascinating.
    I may not be married but have been living with my girlfriend for over 14 years, so as far as I am concerned that is as good as a marriage.
    But lets get back to photography thats why we are here.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm RF

Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

The original question may as well have been, "Do you live in fear of your wife?"

For what other reason would you hide purchases from your best friend, if not for the worry of whether the next strike of the frying pan is 'really' going to hurt?

Are we not men anymore?

So in answer to the question, YES I do hide my camera purchases from the wife.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, let's talk photography!
    So, what to do about that Hasselblad?
    It's still one of the worlds best camera's (but is doesn't do the laundry...).
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe putting a diaper on the Hassy will confuse things enough and no questions will be asked. If questioned, authoritatively announce that it is the baby's twin. Ha ha ha.

... and you got that right... my Hassy hasn't done the laundry, or cooked me lunch, or cleaned up the mess the kids make. Maybe I should have bought a model with more automation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well at least this thread is entertaining!

I don't hide my stuff, but I don't flaunt it either. I revealed my newest d!git@l P&S after some film work received $175 worth of awards and one also sold from a show -- a little bit of sugar makes the medicine go down, etc., etc. But I have an evil spreadsheet that definitely shows my photographic finances are not net positive! But hey, it's cheaper than ocean sailboat racing!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

I have only one anxiety: that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all my stuff for the price I told here I bought it for. Be sure to be at my funeral; you might go home with more then you came ..:!

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When? Where? Does your wife take PayPal or just cash? Ha ha ha.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    The original question may as well have been, "Do you live in fear of your wife?"

For what other reason would you hide purchases from your best friend, if not for the worry of whether the next strike of the frying pan is 'really' going to hurt?

Are we not men anymore?

So in answer to the question, YES I do hide my camera purchases from the wife.
    Real men don't need to hide anything.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin