Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,263   Posts: 1,680,734   Online: 913

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Are we not men anymore?
    Yes, and the last word is always mine: "Yes, Darling..."

Ok, problem solved. I got a Rolleiflex instead. Now I can put it among the other six and my wife will surelly not notice (she is smart but not that smart).

Still not a Hassel owner but at least for some time my GAS is... dammit!! I really want a Hasselblad...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    I have only one anxiety: that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all my stuff for the price I told here I bought it for. Be sure to be at my funeral; you might go home with more then you came ..:!
    That´s exactly how I got some of my cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got over 1000...she never notices when I add another one
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    Yes, and the last word is always mine: "Yes, Darling..."

Ok, problem solved. I got a Rolleiflex instead. Now I can put it among the other six and my wife will surelly not notice (she is smart but not that smart).

Still not a Hassel owner but at least for some time my GAS is... dammit!! I really want a Hasselblad...
    You should start with a used Kiev-88 ot two. From there on, you can start hiding. Il y a la securite dans les nombres.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I traded my wife in. I did not get much for her, but the new models are terrific. Younger, lower mileage, lower maintenance, lighter, more enjoyable ... best decision I every made. I never had a problem since for spending money on cameras, lenses ... Life is good and I am happy.
    Sirius, it is seriously time for you to let go of your bitterness to your ex. You have been bitching about her for years on a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and crowing about your trophy girl.
    I was a very bitter and angry woman for a while. One of the ways my current (14 years) sweetheart impressed me was by not dissing his ex. His example helped me let go of my anger. He won out over other contenders because he was a grown up.

I also want to thank the guys who have objected to the mysogynistic remarks this thread has flushed out. I've been biting my tongue ever since it started.
    Last edited by sly; 12-07-2012 at 08:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    I've got over 1000...
    You have the start of a good collection there. Keep going!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I consider your misogynistic remarks stupid, narrow minded and offensive, as I'm sure many of my fellow members of this forum will, I like admire and respect most women, many of whom I have had lifetime friendships with
    Which of my remarks do you consider stupid, misogynistic, narrow minded or offensive? I offered you some facts and some observations (regarding pensions, military service, custody of children, economic consequences of divorce etc) and you only put forward your prejudices.

Besides I certainly have several life-long woman friends and I respect most of woman in general as well, you seem not to be able to understand what I write, which is that notwithstanding the widespread rhetoric about woman being "victims" in our society, they actually enjoy unjustified privileges, and things are getting worse by the day.

Hence my remarks on "men liberation front" or generally being conscious about the injustice.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 12-07-2012 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it has to do with how open we are to our spouses, and also about how responsible we are with other things.

If you have an otherwise good relationship, can talk openly about anything, the bills are getting paid, and so on, then there is no reason to hide anything. My current partner and I have an agreement where we have completely separate finances. Every month we must pay exactly 50% of all shared bills and utilities, and if we can't make it it will be painfully noticeable. But if I took delivery of a lot of film that same month, or packages arrived at the door step, then my excuse for not being able to pay my share of the bills isn't credible. That's almost a breach of trust, and is very bad for a relationship.
    On the other hand, if I take care of my 50% effortlessly and pay my share every month without any hiccups, then any package arriving is a lot less significant, and she will ask me out of curiosity what it is, and when I tell her and show her what they are, she usually becomes interested in what it is.

So, I am convinced that if there are other things to hide, a big display of cameras worth lots of money becomes a bit of an insult to our partners, but if the relationship is open in discussion, honest, and with all necessities taken care of, then it's something we should encourage in one another. It's all about empathy. If finances are not an issue and you still feel like you need to hide your cameras, something else is broken in the realm of respect and wishing each other happy lives.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cameras, or wives?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    I've got over 1000...she never notices when I add another one

My wife gives me hell when you leave the toilet seat up... so STOP leaving the toilet seat up!!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Sirius, it is seriously time for you to let go of your bitterness to your ex. You have been bitching about her for years on a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and crowing about your trophy girl.
    I was a very bitter and angry woman for a while. One of the ways my current (14 years) sweetheart impressed me was by not dissing his ex. His example helped me let go of my anger. He won out over other contenders because he was a grown up.

I also want to thank the guys who have objected to the my sogynistic remarks this thread has flushed out. I've been biting my tongue ever since it started.
    Maybe Sirius has good reason to be bitter.

My ex was a selfish crazy angry mean violent bitchy hateful controlling nagging ice-cold spiteful liar to everyone. I and our son just happen to be near her more than anyone else. In our entire fifteen year marriage she constantly demanded apologies from me every single day from God knows what little things... it was a control issue. She didn't apologize to me but one time in the entire nineteen years I knew her and that was after we divorced. She was the same with our small child who lived with me after the divorce. Whoever controls the universe had pity on me and our young son and gave me the perfect excuse to divorce her. Still bitter after fifteen years of freedom? Yes. Happy to be rid of her? Yes... Oh good God YESSS!! Now that I'm alone I have the freedom to do whatever I can and whenever I like. I'm a boring man with very simple tastes and decent moral character. However, I'm not the quiet meek sort I was when I was first married. That's the one thing my ex gave me... plenty of pinned-up anger to not put up with any BS from anyone. Am I lonely? Sometimes, yes. Would I rather be in an abusive relationship? No. So... I can be bitter if I so choose and so can Sirius.

>>> OP: If your wife is the opposite of who mine then you'd better care for and respect her. Don't betray her trust because it will never be fully regained. Don't lie, cheat, be selfish or unkind. And thank God every day for her being with you. Think before you act. Resist impulsive behavior. What good is a shiny Hassy if you have to sell it to pay the electric bill or repair the car? Your family needs spare cash up-front in case of a financial dry spell or emergency. That's just the way it is. We can control our own actions and only influence others' actions. We can't control others' actions. If your family can truly afford, without a single doubt, for you to buy that Hassy then discuss if with your wife. If your family can't, without a single doubt, afford for you to buy the Hassy then the answer is obvious. If you choose to lie about it then maybe you should be thinking about your relationship and reevaluating who you are, who she is, and who you want your child to become. We all learn from our parents' actions.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 12-07-2012 at 10:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin