Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,931   Online: 869

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When? Where? Does your wife take PayPal or just cash? Ha ha ha.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    The original question may as well have been, "Do you live in fear of your wife?"

For what other reason would you hide purchases from your best friend, if not for the worry of whether the next strike of the frying pan is 'really' going to hurt?

Are we not men anymore?

So in answer to the question, YES I do hide my camera purchases from the wife.
    Real men don't need to hide anything.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are we not men anymore?
    Yes, and the last word is always mine: "Yes, Darling..."

Ok, problem solved. I got a Rolleiflex instead. Now I can put it among the other six and my wife will surelly not notice (she is smart but not that smart).

Still not a Hassel owner but at least for some time my GAS is... dammit!! I really want a Hasselblad...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    I have only one anxiety: that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all my stuff for the price I told here I bought it for. Be sure to be at my funeral; you might go home with more then you came ..:!
    That´s exactly how I got some of my cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The original question may as well have been, "Do you live in fear of your wife?"

For what other reason would you hide purchases from your best friend, if not for the worry of whether the next strike of the frying pan is 'really' going to hurt?

Are we not men anymore?

So in answer to the question, YES I do hide my camera purchases from the wife.
    I traded my wife in. I did not get much for her, but the new models are terrific. Younger, lower mileage, lower maintenance, lighter, more enjoyable ... best decision I every made. I never had a problem since for spending money on cameras, lenses ... Life is good and I am happy.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got over 1000...she never notices when I add another one
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    Yes, and the last word is always mine: "Yes, Darling..."

Ok, problem solved. I got a Rolleiflex instead. Now I can put it among the other six and my wife will surelly not notice (she is smart but not that smart).

Still not a Hassel owner but at least for some time my GAS is... dammit!! I really want a Hasselblad...
    You should start with a used Kiev-88 ot two. From there on, you can start hiding. Il y a la securite dans les nombres.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I traded my wife in. I did not get much for her, but the new models are terrific. Younger, lower mileage, lower maintenance, lighter, more enjoyable ... best decision I every made. I never had a problem since for spending money on cameras, lenses ... Life is good and I am happy.
    Sirius, it is seriously time for you to let go of your bitterness to your ex. You have been bitching about her for years on a PHOTOGRAPHY forum, and crowing about your trophy girl.
    I was a very bitter and angry woman for a while. One of the ways my current (14 years) sweetheart impressed me was by not dissing his ex. His example helped me let go of my anger. He won out over other contenders because he was a grown up.

I also want to thank the guys who have objected to the mysogynistic remarks this thread has flushed out. I've been biting my tongue ever since it started.
    Last edited by sly; 12-07-2012 at 08:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    I've got over 1000...
    You have the start of a good collection there. Keep going!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I consider your misogynistic remarks stupid, narrow minded and offensive, as I'm sure many of my fellow members of this forum will, I like admire and respect most women, many of whom I have had lifetime friendships with
    Which of my remarks do you consider stupid, misogynistic, narrow minded or offensive? I offered you some facts and some observations (regarding pensions, military service, custody of children, economic consequences of divorce etc) and you only put forward your prejudices.

Besides I certainly have several life-long woman friends and I respect most of woman in general as well, you seem not to be able to understand what I write, which is that notwithstanding the widespread rhetoric about woman being "victims" in our society, they actually enjoy unjustified privileges, and things are getting worse by the day.

Hence my remarks on "men liberation front" or generally being conscious about the injustice.
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 12-07-2012 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin