Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,907   Online: 918
      
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 198
  1. #141
    Sirius Glass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    I thought for one second you were talking about my ex.

    Things got so bad she would only let me out the house of an evening on a Monday and Friday (yes really). This changed after a while to a Tuesday and a Thursday because she didn't realise everyone else went out on a Friday to unwind etc . . .

    My cat (who I had before we met) was forced to live outside, even in winter.

    I was the only earner (well paid), yet was given pocket money and no access to the bank account.

    The final straw was being woken at 6:30am on a Sunday morning, having worked 7 day weeks for at least 2 months. I'll never forget the psychotic look in her eyes and I'll never forget the bucket of icy cold water hurled (with bucket) in my direction. My crime? I had put the frying pan in the top basket of the dishwasher instead of the bottom.

    The divorce was 12 years ago and whilst I'm over it, the mental scars never fully dissapear.

    Last I heard, she'd met a bloke called Keith. Apologies to any Keiths out there.
    First of all, welcome to APUG.

    Now about your post. Boy, you had it easy! [ROTFLMAO!]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

    I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

  2. #142
    Hatchetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    621
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    The final straw was being woken at 6:30am on a Sunday morning, having worked 7 day weeks for at least 2 months. I'll never forget the psychotic look in her eyes and I'll never forget the bucket of icy cold water hurled (with bucket) in my direction. My crime? I had put the frying pan in the top basket of the dishwasher instead of the bottom.
    Well, be honest, how many times did she tell you that the frying pan goes on the bottom?

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,066
    You should have thrown it back... everyone knows that frying pans shouldn't be washed in an automatic dishwasher!

  4. #144
    Ming Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    District of the Lakes.
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    112

    Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Well, be honest, how many times did she tell you that the frying pan goes on the bottom?
    Sorry Guys & Gals. Forgetting my manners there. Thanks for the welcome. I love a forum with a good 'off topic' section. Oh, and some film stuff as well.

    My ex loved giving me guidelines. She probably 'pounded' me with the frying pan rule slightly less than the 'off to bed with no supper' clause.

    To be fair to the crazy bitch, sorry lady, she had been an army wife for 16 years beforehand and only knew army life. Her husband left her for another women when he had to start living with her full time. Oh and she had a thyroid problem. Steer clear of women with thyroid problems who choose not to medicate.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

    StreetPhotographyBlog

  5. #145
    Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    739
    Images
    89
    Good grief, where do you men find these crazy women? Must be a Northern thing. Might I suggest a trip to the deep South to meet your next significant other? I have never been around women who would behave and treat their husband/boyfriend in such ways. That is awful! I'm sure there are deep phsychological issues surrounding their behavior, but we (women in the South) tend to handle things in a different manner. Don't get me wrong; when treated incorrectly, we will set your car on fire; but give us respect and love and you've never been treated so well in all your life! Southern boys so love their mamas ... and women down here tend to base husband skills on how well a man treats his Mother.

  6. #146
    Ming Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    District of the Lakes.
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    112

    Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Good grief, where do you men find these crazy women? Must be a Northern thing. Might I suggest a trip to the deep South to meet your next significant other? I have never been around women who would behave and treat their husband/boyfriend in such ways. That is awful! I'm sure there are deep phsychological issues surrounding their behavior, but we (women in the South) tend to handle things in a different manner. Don't get me wrong; when treated incorrectly, we will set your car on fire; but give us respect and love and you've never been treated so well in all your life! Southern boys so love their mamas ... and women down here tend to base husband skills on how well a man treats his Mother.
    Ooh, sounds like a dream come true. A women that 'only' sets light to your car when she's mad. I thought they only existed in fairy tales. Fancy dinner?
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

    StreetPhotographyBlog

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alamo City, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,311
    So, precisely how badly do you want that Hassy? If your family can't 'truly afford' the expenditure then do you want it so much that you're willing to cause your family hardships? Are you willing to possibly damage your relationship with your wife, perhaps forever? It's not a difficult question but the answer can be a bit of a struggle for many of us because we're 'polluting the primary issues' with secondary and tertiary thoughts. Forget those other 'ideals' and think... "Can my family (not me) afford to spend that money right now"? Boil it down to that one and only absolutely valid question and answer it yourself. Then talk about it with your wife if you truly believe it's a good time to spend the cash.

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Alamo City, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Good grief, where do you men find these crazy women? Must be a Northern thing. Might I suggest a trip to the deep South to meet your next significant other? I have never been around women who would behave and treat their husband/boyfriend in such ways. That is awful! I'm sure there are deep phsychological issues surrounding their behavior, but we (women in the South) tend to handle things in a different manner. Don't get me wrong; when treated incorrectly, we will set your car on fire; but give us respect and love and you've never been treated so well in all your life! Southern boys so love their mamas ... and women down here tend to base husband skills on how well a man treats his Mother.
    No ma'am... right here in Texas. All the nice pleasant Southern Bells are already spoken for.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Well, be honest, how many times did she tell you that the frying pan goes on the bottom?
    You're both wrong. Frying pans do not go in dishwashers.

  10. #150
    Ming Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    District of the Lakes.
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    112

    Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    You should have thrown it back... everyone knows that frying pans shouldn't be washed in an automatic dishwasher!
    So that's where we went wrong? Maybe there's still hope? No, wait a minute, I think I'm gonna vomit.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

    StreetPhotographyBlog



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin