Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,333   Online: 932

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Actually true. Cast iron shouldn't ever have soap applied. Wipe with some oil and re-use! It's almost all we use (that and surgical stainless steel, but that sticks pretty bad when a "non-stick" type pan is needed). Dishwashers are for forks and wine glasses. Right?
    I have an iron skillet which was a gift 20~ years ago. Except for the initial, pre seasoning scrubbing, it's never had soap or detergent on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So the moral of the story is; "If you sometimes piss-off your wife then only buy cheap skillets and pans"? Maybe that should transpose to cheap plastic flatware and paper plates too. Dang... makes me want to convert the kitchen to a darkroom and eat out all the time!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    So the moral of the story is, if you @#!*% -off you wife then only buy cheap skillets and pans?
    No, the moral of the story is if she uses teflon pans she's not wife material.

And BTW iron skillets can be had for next to nothing at lawn sales. Run them through a self-cleaning oven to get rid of the black crud and reseason with beef or pork fat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    No, the moral of the story is if she uses teflon pans she's not wife material.
    HAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dishwashers are for forks and wine glasses. Right?
    Thank you very much for not including "Knives". If I ever found one of my knives in the dishwasher...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    ... cheap plastic flatware and paper plates too.

... and eat out all the time!!
    You'd get along just fine with my wife. Too bad she's already taken.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now, I must add, the magna-lite aluminum roasters are the only way to go when baking any kind of proper meal. They are the best for gumbo! Those should be allowed!!

Now I must go, have good southern womanly duties to attend to: pick up the children from catholic school, check out the recliner sale (for the hubby), and bake about 2 dozen spice cakes for all the teachers. Bless my heart!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Thank you very much for not including "Knives". If I ever found one of my knives in the dishwasher...
    You let other people touch your knives??

edit - Some SOB left spellcheck turned on...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to get too personal, but do you have a sister? My current wife only does 2/3 of what you do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now, I must add, the magna-lite aluminum roasters are the only way to go when baking any kind of proper meal. They are the best for gumbo! Those should be allowed!!

Now I must go, have good southern womanly duties to attend to: pick up the children from catholic school, check out the recliner sale (for the hubby), and bake about 2 dozen spice cakes for all the teachers. Bless my heart!
    Does your car have a clutch?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin