Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,461   Online: 927

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Good grief, where do you men find these crazy women? Must be a Northern thing. Might I suggest a trip to the deep South to meet your next significant other? I have never been around women who would behave and treat their husband/boyfriend in such ways. That is awful! I'm sure there are deep phsychological issues surrounding their behavior, but we (women in the South) tend to handle things in a different manner. Don't get me wrong; when treated incorrectly, we will set your car on fire; but give us respect and love and you've never been treated so well in all your life! Southern boys so love their mamas ... and women down here tend to base husband skills on how well a man treats his Mother.
    As we say over here: "Ne vent krigt mor 't wuf dat'n werd es...", freely translated it is something like this: "A men only gets the wife he deserves..."
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe-Georges View Post
    As we say over here: "Ne vent krigt mor 't wuf dat'n werd es...", freely translated it is something like this: "A men only gets the wife he deserves..."
    While that is not iron clad, there be in that much truth.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I hid the cameras I bought today, well one hardly matters it was only £4 /$6.40 anyway and lens-less and looks simular to one I have anyway. The problem is the whole plate camera isn't small

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Well I hid the cameras I bought today, well one hardly matters it was only £4 /$6.40 anyway and lens-less and looks simular to one I have anyway. The problem is the whole plate camera isn't small

Ian
    Silly wabbit.
    Put the small cameras inside the big cameras, the big cameras inside the bigger cameras and so on. You can fit a couple hundred Minoxes inside an 11x14.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a Century studio camera with a 5 foot bellows extension and a 10 by 12 film aperture.

In extremis I can actually hide myself in ther camera
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Say you found it at a Estate sale for a deal, on the way from work, and couldn't pass it up.

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't hide them, but I generally sell stuff to pay for them. Old toys out, new toys in. But I ain't tellin her how much I spent on film and accessories this month for sure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Silly wabbit.
    Put the small cameras inside the big cameras, the big cameras inside the bigger cameras and so on. You can fit a couple hundred Minoxes inside an 11x14.
    It's a photo turducken! (chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey - a uniquely American monstrosity for those not aware of the phenomenon).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    It's a photo turducken! (chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey - a uniquely American monstrosity for those not aware of the phenomenon).
    I think people were doing that before America as you know it existed!

from the font of all knowledge, Wikipedia:
    In his 1807 Almanach des Gourmands, gastronomist Grimod de La Reynière presents his rôti sans pareil ("incomparable roast")—a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an ortolan bunting and a garden warbler—although he states that, since similar roasts were produced by ancient Romans, the rôti sans pareil was not entirely novel.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve- you may be correct as to the origin of the concept. The Turducken name, though, I'm fairly sure, is a late-20th century Yankee thing. No matter the origin, it's still an abomination. Kinda reminds me of one of the question cards from the Cards Against Humanity game:

"It is rumored that Vladimir Putin likes to eat _______ stuffed with _______". I've seen answers played including "The Pope" stuffed with "Altar boys", "Michael Jackson" stuffed with "the hopes and dreams of little children". Yes, it's a particularly evil game for sick and twisted minds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin