Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,450   Posts: 1,570,094   Online: 839

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920

Shooter
    35mm
    oi, still better than having to hide your wife from a camera... be thankful!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I'm sure the name is American. It sounds like something from you country!

However, so does brunch but I am ashamed to admit that the origin of that one, also an abomination, is British.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing "new" is ever new. It's all been done before throughout the centuries. I've never eaten a Turducken and I probably never will. It might be very tasty and moist compared to birds roasted individually but I'm not likely to ever know.

I have no fear of my wife because I divorced her fifteen years ago. Thank GOD for my freedom from fear. A wife is like a Turducken... layers upon layers upon layers of confusing... WHAT?? We eat and eat and eat and eat... to no end of their satisfaction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Steve- you may be correct as to the origin of the concept. The Turducken name, though, I'm fairly sure, is a late-20th century Yankee thing. No matter the origin, it's still an abomination. Kinda reminds me of one of the question cards from the Cards Against Humanity game:

"It is rumored that Vladimir Putin likes to eat _______ stuffed with _______". I've seen answers played including "The Pope" stuffed with "Altar boys", "Michael Jackson" stuffed with "the hopes and dreams of little children". Yes, it's a particularly evil game for sick and twisted minds.
    Yes indeed the turd***** is an abomination, as if a store-bought turkey isn't inedible enough. The only dish I'd place below the turd***** is the tofurkey. Or anything from McDonald's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Yes indeed the turd***** is an abomination, as if a store-bought turkey isn't inedible enough. The only dish I'd place below the turd***** is the tofurkey. Or anything from McDonald's
    E, store-bought turkeys can be quite edible. I have a number of Mexican recipes for turkey. All that I've cooked are quite pleasing.

Remember, the turkey was probably domesticated in Mexico. In the recipes I have turkey is usually cut up and cooked in water below the boil and then cooked again in a sauce, also below the boil. The sauces can be extremely complex, with as many as 50 ingredients. The trick is to cook relatively small pieces (small pieces cook more evenly than large) slowly at relatively low temperatures. Roasting isn't the best way to cook a turkey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    oi, still better than having to hide your wife from a camera... be thankful!
    This one wins the best of thread award!!

LMAO

Shooter
    35mm RF

Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    It's a photo turducken! (chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey - a uniquely American monstrosity for those not aware of the phenomenon).
    Just to be sure. They are dead first?
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ooh, I think I gotta say that babies and cameras together do not bode well. They are curious little varmints.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin