Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,725   Posts: 1,670,150   Online: 655

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    For example, we had one artificial Christmas tree, it's perfectly fine if you like that sort of thing. I mentioned getting a real tree this year. I come home the next day and there's a NEW artificial tree in the room. We now have TWO artificial trees. I would have preferred talking about that in advance.
    This is typical "power struggle" in place. You actually talked about that in advance, and she showed you who is in command. The point was not to buy a new artificial need (there was no need anyway). The point was "who is in power". If you think it's a Christmas tree question, I think you are deeply mistaken
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoMiglioli View Post
    My wife is really smart and she knows all my cameras. Now I want to buy my first Hasselblad which in no way looks like to anything I already have to tell her its the same. We live in a small apartment with no place to hide things and my baby is coming soon. She will be furious if I come home with a new camera... Any idea? Divorce is not an option.

Tell her you found a bargain in a pawnshop, hide the rest of the lenses you are gonna buy in the end amongst the rest of your lens collection, I assume she's not THAT interested in your gear that she keeps track of what kind of glass you carry (and after all, today a Hasselblad 500 is not gonna put you down a lot, but the glass....)..

Or just sell all crap you dont need to fund your new toys.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The dysfunctionality in this thread is incredible, even if I charitably assume 80% of you are trolling.

I like Steve's "store it in the 8x10" solution though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hiding is no basis for a relationship. What is she hiding from you?

Tell the truth and say you need it for baby portraits.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only time I would hide a camera from my wife is when I want to take her picture. She is quite shy.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

If you buy that hassy and then call it your new baby she will probably break it/despise you/despise the hassy/put it somewhere unpleasant and show you what a real baby feels like... Haha

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    :scratches head: are the new artificial trees made of real wood now? LOL
    No, they're definitely plastic. This one's going back to the store, too. Tiny victory!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    No, they're definitely plastic. This one's going back to the store, too. Tiny victory!
    Yay! You probably didn't mention the "this is a power trip" comment above haha

Hope you can get a real one.

We compromise by having two, one real, one fake, and one white and one colored.. Now that's compromise

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    If she's anything like my wife. When it comes in just put it on top of her pile of shoes......
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my Hasselblad. I shot some of my favorite pics of my kids with it. Tell her square is the perfect geometric shape for documenting babies and children...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin