Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,767   Online: 1110

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Do you hide your cameras from your wife?

Large safety deposit box in a cool dry safe stocked with film and backs, bellows and lenses, cameras galore all secure

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    This must be one of the funniest threads on this forum ever!!!!!

ROTFLMFAO

http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm

ROTFLMFAO

(Just bought a Fujifilm XF1 for the missus, for those of you not into digital at all, google it, it is very small, and it comes in black, brown, and RED .. all in "snakeskin" leather....)

GO figure...
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Felinik View Post

ROTFLMFAO

(Just bought a Fujifilm XF1 for the missus, for those of you not into digital at all, google it, it is very small, and it comes in black, brown, and RED .. all in "snakeskin" leather....)

GO figure...
    Shhhhh a forum just got closed because of too much digital talk, you don't want them to think you're a muggle...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    WARNING!!!!

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

I tried this - I pointed out to my moaning and complaining wife that she had as many pairs of shoes as I had cameras.

BIG MISTAKE. I am embarrassed that, as a married man of many years, I was so foolish.

My wife likes shoes. And clothes. And handbags. Shortly after I made the 'shoes' comment... I noticed the cupboard was bare. She had thrown nearly all of her shoes in the recycling bin. Everything except her works shoes and one or two pairs for best. Everything else.... dozens of pairs of boots at £80 and more a time, shoes that had never been worn. The whole lot - in the trash. For months it was 'I can't go to xxxxx - I haven't got any shoes to wear".

You see... I like OWNING cameras. Whereas my wife... she likes BUYING shoes. It's the shopping.... And I gave her the perfect excuse to dump the lot and start all over again.

Let this be a warning. Don't try to outsmart your wife. Don't make my mistake... just put up with the constant moaning. It is the way it is suppossed to be...
    The fact that she threw away shoes that she bought and never wore is just a huge show of insanity, or nervous breakdown, or whatever, doubling the damage (unless she recovered them a moment later after the sad show) and would have deserved an infinite ban on shoe purchase, while your commendable habit of using the cameras you buy is just a testament of your sincere passion for photography, deserving the future discretionary useless unappreciated unused shoes family budget to be entirely diverted to useful actually-used sensible beautiful film technology.

But did she really did that? It's so nonsensical it's hard to believe. And to demonstrate what? If anything it demonstrates even more fully that she is the money waster.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    The fact that she threw away shoes that she bought and never wore is just a huge show of insanity, or nervous breakdown, or whatever, doubling the damage (unless she recovered them a moment later after the sad show) and would have deserved an infinite ban on shoe purchase, while your commendable habit of using the cameras you buy is just a testament of your sincere passion for photography, deserving the future discretionary useless unappreciated unused shoes family budget to be entirely diverted to useful actually-used sensible beautiful film technology.

But did she really did that? It's so nonsensical it's hard to believe. And to demonstrate what? If anything it demonstrates even more fully that she is the money waster.
    I agree, I hope you at least went and took out the unused ones...

If you didn't SAVE them, you should at least have donated them to those in need rather than let them go to the trash...

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Shhhhh a forum just got closed because of too much digital talk, you don't want them to think you're a muggle...

~Stone

hehehe!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    WARNING!!!!

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

I tried this - I pointed out to my moaning and complaining wife that she had as many pairs of shoes as I had cameras.

BIG MISTAKE. I am embarrassed that, as a married man of many years, I was so foolish.

My wife likes shoes. And clothes. And handbags. Shortly after I made the 'shoes' comment... I noticed the cupboard was bare. She had thrown nearly all of her shoes in the recycling bin. Everything except her works shoes and one or two pairs for best. Everything else.... dozens of pairs of boots at £80 and more a time, shoes that had never been worn. The whole lot - in the trash. For months it was 'I can't go to xxxxx - I haven't got any shoes to wear".

You see... I like OWNING cameras. Whereas my wife... she likes BUYING shoes. It's the shopping.... And I gave her the perfect excuse to dump the lot and start all over again.

Let this be a warning. Don't try to outsmart your wife. Don't make my mistake... just put up with the constant moaning. It is the way it is suppossed to be...
    Time for an attitude adjustment. Tell her that since she won't let you buy cameras but she can waste money by throwing shoes out, you are not going to renew your marriage contract at you next anniversary. Then stand back and enjoy the show!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm guilty. Mostly in the past. I haven't bought anything recently. They would be kept hidden for sometimes close to a year and I would sneak them out to use them then return them to their safe hiding location. After enough time had elapsed, I would gain a little more confidence and a camera would make a brief cameo appearance, then a little more frequent and longer appearances. If and when she said something, I usually replied with something like "So and so gave it to me" or "he gave me the parts from various cameras and I was able to assemble one from it". There was a slight bit of truth in each answer.

I hope she never reads this.

Our marriage isn't real good, but it has lasted more than 20 years so far.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    The fact that she threw away shoes that she bought and never wore is just a huge show of insanity, or nervous breakdown, or whatever, doubling the damage (unless she recovered them a moment later after the sad show) .... But did she really did that? It's so nonsensical it's hard to believe. And to demonstrate what? If anything it demonstrates even more fully that she is the money waster.
    Alas, you are seeing this from a male perspective. Owning lots of stuff is just an impediment to further SHOPPING - which is, of course, the meaning of life. Chucking the shoes was not a sad show - it was a joyous moment, apparently, what with all that empty wardrobe space just waiting to be filled.... She really did do this, but I have over egged the pudding slightly by ommiting the fact that some of the shoes were many weeks and a few several months old, so were in danger of becoming.... NO LONGER FASHIONABLE. So, maybe they had to go. The underlying metaphor being that none of my cameras are less than 20 years old and most are much older, so, they are definately not trendy.

As for donating the shoes to the poor - well, I am not sure if they got recycled or not, but we live in Britain which has a welfare state. This means that not even the poor are compelled to wear unfashionable footware...

your commendable habit of using the cameras you buy is just a testament of your sincere passion for photography, deserving the future discretionary useless unappreciated unused shoes family budget to be entirely diverted to useful actually-used sensible beautiful film technology.
    Couldn't have pu it better myself
    Can you please explain this to my wife?
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin