Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,595   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Organizing your film...

Moderators please move this if its in the wrong spot.

So I just decided all my film is organized terribly, in that I did it by what I would use most vs least not by color or size, but now I can't find stuff or I'm forced to open a frozen container for that one roll of 116 I wanted to shoot etc.

Two things, one is I'm "done" shooting old film. I plan to use up what I have, enjoy the nostalgia and move on, the only thing I will do is still use my old folders so I plan to do a bunch of re-rolling of 70mm into 116/616 spools.

But in the mean time if I don't freeze it, the old stuff will be even worse.

So how do you organize your film? Any suggestions B&W / CN / slide or by Kodak / ilford or by 120/135/116/70mm or what?

I may not heed anyone's advice and take bits and prices of it but I want to get a sense of those who have a good storage flow for them. Thanks!

I don't have a lot of film but I'm defrosting my freezer so I can show it all.

Yes I know to keep Polaroid flat that was just for display, and some stuff is still defrosting so the bags aren't permanent and can be adjusted, everything will go into "snapware" which is like Tupperware but better and good for freezers.

Right now it's just in piles of B&W / CN / Transparency and then separated by size 120/116/13570mm etc.

The few oddballs I'll just have to deal with, but I'm sort of curious what others suggest?

Thanks!

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep a spreadsheet of my stock so I know what I have. The actual films are sort of divided into a semi-logical manner and in large zip loc bags. I don't freeze my film though. They are in my refrigerator in refrigerated section.

If I change my mind about certain film, I just sell them off in APUG classified section and move on.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fuji instant you have should probably not be frozen. Fridge would be better. Me, I stick to less variety of film options. TMY2 is 95% of what I've got my in my freezer. I bag it up by size. 120/4x5/8x10,etc...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Organizing your film...

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    The fuji instant you have should probably not be frozen. Fridge would be better. Me, I stick to less variety of film options. TMY2 is 95% of what I've got my in my freezer. I bag it up by size. 120/4x5/8x10,etc...
    Yea I know that too, I should have clarified that in asking about the film not Polaroid stuff. But thanks for the warning.

I'm really trying to get this stuff gone through so I can buy more Pan F+, Tmax400, Delta3200 and Velvia/Provia and be done with the rest, I would sell this portra 120 I have to someone but its mostly expired except the "new" portra is new and the Ektar is brand new, I would trade it for tmax400 or pan F etc. too, anyway for now I just want it organized. Some of this stuff HAS to go to the freezer because its expired, anything expired goes to the freezer unless I'm ready to use it tomorrow

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Organizing your film...

Well it's done... For now...

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Screw organizing the film! I have two freezers of no longer available film and I just throw more film in. I swear that there is no way to keep it organized!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Organizing your film...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Screw organizing the film! I have two freezers of no longer available film and I just throw more film in. I swear that there is no way to keep it organized!
    Want to trade some? I want to get rid of my portra and my Ektar, I have about 8 rolls of new portra/portra VC and 6 rolls of Ektar I will trade for any B&W films,

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What and part with my Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 in 120 rolls? How about you take my ex-wife, p*l*e*a*s*e!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well it's done... For now...

~Stone

Nicely done and a nice supply of film.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Organizing your film...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    What and part with my Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 in 120 rolls? How about you take my ex-wife, p*l*e*a*s*e!
    Depends on what she looks like and what's she's into

Quote Originally Posted by ArtO View Post
    Nicely done and a nice supply of film.
    Thanks, as I said its not perfect but for now it's the best I can do, REALLY need to cut down on this old $#!t and stick with what's available, it's not that it's all bad just that when you are hired for a job it's different than playing and enjoying the unique results, and I don't have room for both and still have room for my ice cream... Haha

~Stone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin