Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,016   Online: 1143

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    when the containers were the screw top to metal containers , we used them to make salt peter and other ingredients , combined made perfect launching bombs for rocks and stones.
    now I am going back to my youth when this was a popular thing to do .. put a tube into the ground, make the concoction in the photo can, put a wick on it and place at bottom of the tube with wick out to lite, put rocks on top to photo can, light wick , send rocks over houses to land on cars driving down steet... who says the kids today are assholes .. I think we invented that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re-spool the backing paper onto 120 reels and sell the combibation on Ebay to people who want to do homeopathic photography.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hoarde them like crazy.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    Any artsy ideas on what to do with the boxes?
    Nothing artsy unfortunately, and how would I know – being a photographer?

Practically though, it's too bad some sort of resource clearing house (APUG, LFPF) isn't available for the film boxes. Every one starting out in LF always faces the same dilemma (and asks the same panicked question here and on LFPF), how to store and transport your first exposed sheets before your initial unexposed box is empty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wish you were close-by, and had a hoard of 4 X 5 and 8 X 10 sheet film boxes to unload.
    I could use about 2 or 3 of each size.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I could use some 5x7 boxes. Bah.

4x5 I have two of, so I should be okay.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the plastic containers for holding change mainly. I also have started to use them for painting medium and mixed oil paint. They work great. Thinking about using 120 backing paper for collages or sculpture projects.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Re-spool the backing paper onto 120 reels and sell the combibation on Ebay to people who want to do homeopathic photography.
    Hahahaha =D

I thought for a moment that you'd say "and sell it as expired film", but the homeopathic version was even funnier ^^
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin