Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,250   Online: 757

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What to do with Empty Boxes and Canisters

Hi all, I bet I am the only one that has lots of empty film boxes and cannister lying around.

Any artsy ideas on what to do with the boxes? What about the canisters, besides geo-caching?

I also keep the film rests, any idea for those?

Thanks!
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    Hi all, I bet I am the only one that has lots of empty film boxes and cannister lying around.

Any artsy ideas on what to do with the boxes? What about the canisters, besides geo-caching?

I also keep the film rests, any idea for those?

Thanks!
    No but speaking of geocaching, is there a geophotocaching? Like where you leave a photo or slide or 120 frame and someone comes and trades it with theirs and so on? That could be neat

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I keep the 120 spools and 35mm canisters in a waste-bag where I develop the film, not sure what to do with them though, always good to have a spare spool when you get a new 120 camera, and a spare 35mm canister for bulk-loading, other than that.....dunno.

I toss just about everything else (backing paper and the end of the 35mm film that I cut off).
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen some people carefully open 35mm cartridges, glue/epoxy a magnet inside, and use it as a fridge magnet. I'd like to do that, but I uh...don't open the cartridges carefully at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For some reasons, it feels SO WRONG to throw away those 35mm plastic containers and 120 spools. I have TONS of each.

I think it's an illness all film photographers catch when they are exposed to D76.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The spools and backpaper I keep to re roll 60mm Positive Film myself. But the boxes and 35mm left overs I have no use for, I though someone out there could have already come up with a use for them.
    "The Medium is the Message"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=StoneNYC;1425014]No but speaking of geocaching, is there a geophotocaching? Like where you leave a photo or slide or 120 frame and someone comes and trades it with theirs and so on? That could be neat

~Stone

Well, some geocachers when they hide their cache, leave a disposable film camera in it. That way, when other cachers find it, they take a picture of their group and put it back in the cache. Months later, the original hider, returns to get the camera and has a record of all the finders which he can post on the geocaching site for that cache.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nothing creative, but I do put all of that into the recycling. And the cat loves the 120 spools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put holes in the canister lids and use them for salt and pepper shakers at your next formal dinner. place film spools beside each place setting as elegant knife rests.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin